The threats against Harry and Meghan are real
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry faced serious threats to their lives while living in the UK according to a former police officer. NBC News is reporting that Neil Basu, the outgoing Assistant Commissioner of Specialist Operations at Scotland Yard, revealed to British news outlet Channel 4 that he had investigated a number of "disgusting and very real" threats against the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. He confirmed that some of the threats came from the far-right.
Basu is the former head of counter-terrorism and was in charge of royal protection in the years prior to the Sussexes leaving the U.K. He gave an interview that aired on Tuesday where he said: "I've talked publicly for many years about the threat of extreme right-wing terrorism in this country," “If you’d seen the stuff that was written and you were receiving it, the kind of rhetoric that’s online ... you would feel under threat all of the time.” When asked if there had been a genuine threat to Markle's life on more than one occasion, Basu replied: “We had teams investigating it. People have been prosecuted for those threats.”
Meghan and Harry should be free to live their lives
A legal representative for the couple previously said Prince Harry had wanted to bring his children, Archie and Lilibet, to the U.K. so they could “know his home country,” but decided it was too risky without having proper police protection. Harry has challenged Buckingham Palace for their decision in cutting off his security detail when he came to America. CNN is reporting that racist threats were at an all-time high when Meghan was pregnant.
Members of the royal family had problems with the couple naming their daughter after the queen although the monarch was flattered. Place staff refers to them as those persons overseas as it if is a joke when in truth this couple is in fear for their lives and the lives of their children. It's clear this couple is very much in love and sad that hateful people cannot leave them alone.
Comments / 13