This year, Halloween is extra special because it falls on a Sunday. That means you can party all weekend long in Dunn County. Here's a roundup of some of the area's family-friendly events.
Friday & Saturday: Waterhouse's Haunted Trail
According to their Facebook page, the Waterhouse's Haunted Trail (N5041 610th Street, Menomonie) has been open to the public since 2019. Admission is free, but they do ask that you bring a donation for the Dunn County Humane Society.
The Haunted Trail's final days are Friday and Saturday. For those looking for a non-scary walk, there are kid-friendly hours on Saturday.
Friday: Menomonie Downtown Trick-or-Treat
Looking for an extra chance to wear your costume? You can start the weekend early in downtown Menomonie. On Friday from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., select businesses will be handing out candy. Watch for posters.
Saturday: The Neighbors of Dunn County Halloween Parade
All children are warmly invited to attend an outdoor costume parade on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. at The Neighbors of Dunn County (2901 Forbes Avenue, Menomonie). Come put a smile on the residents' faces and receive a bag of candy.
Sunday: Boyceville Trunk-or-Treat
The Village of Boyceville is hosting a Trunk-or-Treat on Halloween night, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Participants will be parked along Main Street handing out goodies.
Afterwards, stick around to go trick-or-treating throughout the village until 7:00 p.m.
Halloween Safety Tips
Make sure you have a safe and fun time this Halloween by following these tips:
- Try on costumes before the big day. That gives you a chance to make any last minute alterations. Long capes and dresses are a tripping hazard.
- Don't wear masks or hats that obstruct your vision.
- Think twice about carrying props like long swords or brooms. These items, along with a candy bag, might be too much for a young child to carry.
- Carry a flashlight so cars can see you, and you can see where you're going.
- Only stop at houses that have their outdoor lights on. This is the universal sign that someone is home and giving out candy.
Have a great time, and Happy Halloween!