“It was horrible. I couldn’t believe there weren’t more serious injuries. The accident itself was at the intersection of Eagle Rock Avenue and Rall Court and the collision was extremely loud. It sounded like it was in my front yard about 500 feet away.” ~ Al Place, Roseland resident
Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022
This afternoon at about 3:20pm, multiple calls came into the Roseland Police Department reporting a crash involving three cars on Eagle Rock Avenue near Old Eagle Rock Avenue.
- A caller reported that one of the cars was on fire.
- The actual crash site was on Eagle Rock Avenue near Rall Court and the entire section of Eagle Rock Avenue was closed and detoured.
(Note: Rall Court is located in Roseland)
Roseland Police were first on the scene and reported that one of the persons was still in their car.
- The person was reportedly not responding to them but still breathing, and police were not able to open the door.
The Roseland Fire Department responded to the incident to clear the entrapment so the patient could be treated.
Traffic quickly became backed up on Eagle Rock Avenue and the Essex Fells Police assisted Roseland with travel management.
- Essex Fells Fire Department was dispatched with 1 engine to assist Roseland’s fire crew.
- Medic Units were unavailable for the unresponsive patient.
- West Essex First Aid Squad was dispatched.
- Police also requested a second ambulance for an evaluation of another patient.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) from the West Essex First Aid Squad transported the trauma patient to University Hospital
- West Essex First Aid requested that University Hospital’s Advanced Life Support (ALS) Medics meet them as they traveled on Route 280.
“EMS, I made contact with University Medivac. They are aware that you are responding there with a trauma patient. They do not have a unit that can meet you en route.” ~ Roseland Police
- West Essex First Aid Squad transported the trauma patient directly to University Hospital
- Atlantic EMS 6 responded to the crash scene to evaluate and treat a second patient who was transported to Morristown Memorial.
- Currently, Eagle Rock Avenue remains closed.
- The cars are beginning to be removed as police continue their investigation.
Other recent Roseland, NJ, news you may have missed:
- New Jersey CALI Report Returns to Red, Very High, as Essex County Cases Soar Upwards
- VIDEO: Roseland Boxer Vito Mielnicki, Jr. wins in Technical Knockout during Prudential Center Christmas Fight
- Continuing Virtually into the Future: Most NJ Court Matters, including Criminal, Family, Municipal, and Tax Proceedings
- Essex County, NJ: Your Town’s Share of $13.575 Million Road Improvements Grants Detailed
- Roseland, NJ, 2021 Election Results: Council, School Board, Sheriff, and State Races Detailed by Voting District
Follow on Newsbreak
Thank you for reading.
To receive notifications:
For further information:
Roseland Police Department
Richard Costello, Officer in Charge
15 Harrison Avenue, Roseland, NJ 07068
Roseland Volunteer Fire Department
Richard Loveless, Chief
300 Eagle Rock Ave Roseland, NJ 07068
West Essex First Aid Squad
David Black, Squad Captain
Peter Nancoz, Squad President
642 Bloomfield Avenue West Caldwell, NJ 07006