Saturday, Nov. 13, 2021
“An area of strong thunderstorms will impact portions of Passaic, western Union, northwestern Bergen, West Essex. Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Minor damage to outdoor objects is possible." ~ National Weather Service
Essex County Storm Forecast
Winds: Category 6: Strong Breeze: 31mph
- 1pm to 2pm: Likely Thunderstorms
- 2pm to 3pm: Strong Thunderstorms
The Passaic River continues to be monitored for flooding its banks.
- The Passaic River floods at 19'
- 11:15am, Saturday, Nov. 13, 2021: Flood Level: 15'
- The river is not expected to rise further
- Highest on Record: Irene
Aug. 30, 2011: Flood Level: 24.12'
Plan in advance:
- Have electronics fully charged
- Be off the road before flooding occurs
- Do not drive around barricades or through flooded areas.
- Move Cars / Items away from Trees and Utility Poles
In Case of Power Outage
- Report Outages to PSEG Directly: https://nj.pseg.com/outageandgasleaks
- Don't Contact Police unless you suspect Fire
Check PSEG Status
- On cellphone messages: Message 47734, Type: STAT, Press send
- Or Call: 1-800-436-7734
- Keep the Freezer closed as long as possible.
- Freezer food stays frozen for 48 hours if the door stays closed.
Other recent Essex County news you may be interested in reading:
- Essex-Hudson Greenway: $65 Million in NJ Funding Will Create New State Park
- Fairfield, NJ: $1,950 Stolen This Week From Local Restaurants
- Driver Fires Multiple Paintballs at Caldwell Resident Out Walking Dog Friday Night
Follow on Newsbreak
Thank you for reading.
To receive notifications
- Create an Account, and Follow