The following incidents took place around the West Essex, NJ, area on Friday, Sept. 17, 2021. Private medical and family incidents, as well as accidental alarms, are not included.
- Caldwell Police responded to Lane Avenue after callers reported a tractor-trailer truck was blocking the flow of traffic and children were having difficulty crossing near Bloomfield Avenue.
- The truck was in the process of being removed as of 7:26am.
- Caldwell Police and Caldwell Fire Department responded to Roseland Avenue near Westville Avenue after a resident reported a possible gas leak to PSEG.
- PSEG was on the scene at 9:24am to investigate the odor.
- Fairfield Police responded to assist the West Caldwell Health Department in serving a health code violation notice to a construction company located at 81 Passaic Avenue near Wright Way.
- The notice was delivered without incident.
West Essex Area
- By 12:30pm, there were no ambulance units available, and paid ambulance crews needed to be dispatched from neighboring counties.
- The delay time was 30 minutes.
- As Covid-19 cases have been escalating throughout the West Essex region, dispatchers have had a difficult time fulfilling the need for peak-time ambulances.
- Commonly reported symptoms patients are experiencing are uncontrollable vomiting and severe abdominal pain.
- West Essex Now does not report police or rescue crews responding for private medical incidents.
- West Caldwell Police responded to the West Caldwell Care Center, located on Fairfield Avenue near Spring Lane, to assist with reports of a manager yelling at staff members in the lobby.
- Fairfield Police responded to Skyline Auto Auction on Route 46 East near Lehigh Drive after staff reported that a Mercedes G Class at the location was likely stolen.
- Police determined the car was reported stolen and it was towed from the location at 5:20pm for further investigation.
- Caldwell Police and Caldwell Fire Department responded to Bloomfield Avenue near Mountain Avenue after a resident reported a strong odor outside of natural gas.
- PSEG was notified at 8pm and was on the scene at 8:20pm to investigate the odor.
Follow on Newsbreak
Thank you for reading.
To follow, Sign in and Create an Account:
For further information:
Caldwell Police Department
James H. Bongiorno, Police Chief
1 Provost Sq Caldwell, NJ 07006
Caldwell Volunteer Fire Department
Andrew Pollara, Fire Chief
30 Roseland Avenue, Caldwell, NJ 07006
Fairfield Police Department
Anthony G. Manna, Police Chief
230 Fairfield Road, Fairfield NJ 07004
West Caldwell Police Department
Dennis A. Capriglione, Jr., Police Chief
21 Clinton Road, West Caldwell, NJ 07006