Thursday, Sept. 16
The following incidents took place around the West Essex, NJ, area on Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021:
- North Caldwell Police responded to assist at Grandview School where multiple cars were ignoring directions and instead driving around the designated drop-off location.
- Verona Police responded to Depot Street at Pine Street after a truck hit a utility pole and pulled down wires.
- PSEG and Verizon were both notified.
- Depot Street was blocked off at that location.
- West Caldwell Police responded to a resident who reported they were experiencing someone attempting to steal from them online.
- Verona Police responded to Harrison Street near Chestnut Road after receiving calls that gasoline was flowing down the road and causing a strong odor.
- Police determined that someone must have spilled gasoline on the street.
- Verona DPW was called to the scene to administer Speedy Dry, a product that absorbs oils.
- West Caldwell Police responded to ShopRite on Passaic Avenue to speak with a person who was receiving harassing calls and text messages.
- Verona Police responded to Lakeside Avenue and Bloomfield Avenue after receiving calls reporting that a person was in the right hand lane attempting to direct traffic.
- Police responded and told the individual to stop doing that.
- Verona Police responded to Pompton Avenue, north, near Ray’s Pizza for a 2 car crash with injury.
- Verona Rescue Squad responded.
Caldwell, West Caldwell
- West Caldwell Police investigated a hit-and-run crash which originated in Caldwell.
- The Driver whose car was hit called police reporting that they were currently driving south on Fairfield Avenue in West Caldwell and that the second vehicle was nearby.
- West Caldwell Police located the Caller at 8:19pm near the fire department.
- The Caller reported that the accident had taken place at Passaic Avenue near the Garden Center in West Caldwell a short time earlier.
- West Caldwell Police located the second vehicle on Clinton Road at 8:22pm
- Caldwell Police were dispatched at 8:26pm when it was determined the incident started to begin with on Elizabeth Street in Caldwell.
- By 9pm, Caldwell Police investigated the area of Elizabeth Street and West Caldwell Police investigated the area of Passaic Avenue near Harrison Avenue.
- No injuries were reported.
Follow on Newsbreak
Thank you for reading.
- Create an Account to follow:
For further information:
Caldwell Police Department
James H. Bongiorno, Police Chief
1 Provost Sq Caldwell, NJ 07006
North Caldwell Police Department
Mark A. Deuer, Police Chief
136 Gould Avenue, North Caldwell, NJ 07006
Verona Police Department
Christopher Kiernan, Police Chief
600 Bloomfield Ave, Verona, NJ 07044
West Caldwell Police Department
Dennis A. Capriglione, Jr., Police Chief
21 Clinton Road, West Caldwell, NJ 07006