South Sacramento officials said a man was arrested Sunday night after racing his vehicle on Highway 50.
A California Highway Patrol plane captured the car speeding down the empty roadway before it hits a divider and stops in a field.
"Last night officers from the South Sacramento CHP office stopped a vehicle for racing on highway 50. The vehicle fled from officers at high speeds before crashing into a field. The driver fled on foot into a neighborhood hiding in backyards. CHP Airplane (Air-21) directed officers to the suspects location, before he was taken into custody on multiple charges."
According to the CHP, the driver ran from the car and hid in nearby backyards.
The plane later tracked him down and he was taken into custody.
The CHP said. The incidents leading up to the chase were not reported by CHP officials.
- 3-year-old dead after apparent accidental shooting, police say
- $50 billion mistakenly deposited into Louisiana family’s bank account
- California moves closer to budget deal as deadline looms
- TSA to restart self-defense training for flight crew members
- Pride event in Kingsburg expected to attract hundreds to the city
- Delta variant concern prompts a new COVID-19 vaccination push
- Man breaks into home with 3 children inside on his 40th birthday, deputies say
- Fresno’s ‘Illuminate Our Pride’ will help support the local trans community
- woman steals fresno county vehicle, leads deputies in pursuit, deputies say
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.