Everything you need for summer is on sale & ships fast.
Rev your shopping engines friends, because Prime Day season is officially upon us, and just about everything you could need or want to kick your summer off right is marked down to clearance basement prices. We caught up with New Jersey-based Trae Bodge, a smart shopping expert, to get the lowdown on why Prime Day offers the best deals of the summer.
"Amazon Prime Day started back in July of 2015 as a way to commemorate Amazon’s 20th anniversary. It was initially one day but grew to a two-day event that occurred every year in early July until the pandemic threw things off course. In 2020, Amazon Prime Day was a two-day event in October. I expected it to return to July in 2021, but it’s in late June instead," says Trae. "Many other retailers including Walmart and Kohl's offer competitive sales events that overlap with Prime Day."
You can shop the Walmart Deals for Days sale here and the Kohl's Prime Day sale here. Both of these retailers are offering a massive selection of markdowns at their New Jersey stores as well. Walmart has 63 stores across the state of New Jersey.
For your summer in the great outdoors:
- Love Sun Body will offer 15% off their reef-safe sunscreens and tinted collection for Amazon Prime Day, and it's perfect for a long summer by the Jersey Shore. It also boasts the EWG's highest rating.
- Natrapel 3.4 ounce pump insect repellent is 20% off the usual price and ships fast enough for your kids to make the most of it at their summer camp, or for you to hit the woods along the Delaware River without fear of pesky mosquitos and other gnarly bugs.
- Take 20% off Ranger Ready Picaridin 20% Tick & Insect Repellent, a strong and odor-free formula that takes on the bugs of the toughest terrains. It's also safe for ages one and up.
- Take 20% off Murphy’s Naturals Mosquito Repellent Candle 6-pack and get outside by the campfire, on the patio, or have more fun grilling out back— especially because New Jersey is supposed to see an influx of mosquitoes this year.
- This Coleman Outdoor Ultra Compact Aluminum Camping Table is normally $40, the table is on sale for Prime day at under $27 and ships fast and free if you are a Prime member.
- Coleman’s 0°F-rated Mummy Sleeping Bag for Big & Tall Adults is selling for $34.97 already instead of the usual price of $50. Not bad!
- Columbia Sportswear is up to 40% off everything for Prime Day from clothing to sleeping bags and more.
- S-GEAR Wireless Earbuds are now $27.99 (they're usually about $40). These sweat and water-resistant wireless earphones come in a portable carrying case that clips to your backpack, wallet, or gym bag to make sure you’re always connected. They come in a variety of fun colors, too.
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (8GB, with ads) ebook reader is now $79.99 (normally $125). Prime Day typically brings loads of deals on Amazon-made devices, and this year is no exception.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K HDR media streamer is now $24.99 (normally $45).
- The OnePlus 8 6.55-inch unlocked smartphone is now $349 (normally $610). That means you can finally replace your old, cracked, or lost phone.
Health & beauty
- Fekkai will be offering 25% off all their hair products, including the Brilliant Gloss Shampoo which is marked down to only $15 right now. Stock up on conditioners, masks, styling products, and more.
- All Bliss beauty products will be AT LEAST 30% off this Prime Day, with the following products actually being at least 50% off: Green Tea Wonder Clarifying Overnight Gel Mask (53% off), What a Melon Jelly Hydrator for Combination Skin (50% off), and more.
- Tom's of Maine will be offering loads of Prime Day deals starting at about 30% off typical prices. We found this Tom's of Maine Natural Luminous White Toothpaste with Fluoride at nearly 50% off, as well as the brand's Tom's of Maine Natural Beauty Bar Soap up to 40% off.
- Westmore Beauty will offer 25% off everything they sell on Amazon, including cult-favorites and skin-glowing must-haves. The brand's famous Westmore Beauty Face Coverage Perfector Foundation + Concealer, a customer favorite, will be included in the sale.
- Take 25% off everything Wonderskin has to offer on Amazon during Prime Day. The brand focuses on easy-to-use beauty essentials like lip and brow products that make feeling gorgeous a cinch.
- Voltaren Arthritis Pain Gel is marking their best-selling pain gels down— a rare move that so many brand enthusiasts will be thrilled to hear. A one-pack is typically priced at $20.70 but will be marked down to $16.56 and the two-pack will be $23.19.
For kids and family:
- Take 40% off this Kid Made Modern Outdoor Activities Vacation Activity Kit, a fun way to have screen-free entertainment for kids four through eight.
- Take 20% off Chalk of the Town Youth & Adult T-shirt Kits to customize your own chalkboard tee. They're a fun backyard activity for the kids, end-of-year celebration, or twist on BFF charm necklaces. They're reusable, machine-washable, and fun.
- Amazon Echo Dot Kids (4th gen) smart home speaker is now $34.99 Instead of it's usual $55 price tag.
Are you planning to shop this year's Prime Day sale or have your own suggestions you'd like to add to the list? Leave your thoughts and feedback in the comments section below. This post contains some Amazon Associates links.