Due to Typhoon Mawar, the USPS has decided to suspend post offices in Guam & the Northern Mariana Islands. In this article, you'll find out which ones.
Note From The Author
The opinion of the author is his own and has no affiliation with the topic that was included. Sources that are used in this article are the following: USPS, and for information about individuals, he used Wikipedia.
Typhoon Mawar is raging over the Western Pacific.
Originating from a low-pressure area near Chuuk Lagoon on May 19, Mawar fluctuated in intensity before unexpectedly escalating into a Category 4-equivalent super typhoon. On May 24, it passed just north of Guam as a Category 4 storm, bringing hurricane-force winds and heavy rain.
With all consequences.
Today, the USPS has announced to suspend service at a couple of post offices. Read on to find out more.
According to the USPS Service Alert, the following post offices have been suspended of service on Guam:
- Barrigada, 489 Army Dr, Barrigada
- Tamuning, 143 Edward T Calvo Memorial Pkwy, Tamuning
- Naval Station, 4 Chapel Rd Bldg 4, Yona
- Mou #3 Nav Cams Wespac, 297 Noyes St, Dededo
- Hagatna, 223 W Chalan Santo Papa, Hagatna
- Andersen AFB, 24018 Carolines Ave, Yigo
These are the post offices for the Northern Mariana Islands:
- Rota, 1 Song Song Vlg, Rota
- Saipan, 1 Chalan Kanoa Vlg, Saipan
It's not known for how long these offices will be closed. If you want to be sure, I'd recommend you contact your local post office for more details.
Stay strong everybody.
Thanks for reading this article. If there are any updates released I will keep you updated.