Donald Trump, the former President of the United States has now been indicted for the third time. An indelible mark on the history of the United States is held by the one-term 45th President of the United States. He was charged for the third time on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, in Washington over his efforts to overturn his defeat in the 2020 election. This federal investigation is the latest criminal case for Donald Trump as he runs for the White House in 2024.
As reported by Jack Smith, Special Counsel leading the federal investigation, the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol was “fueled by lies” told by former President Donald Trump. This new indictment has four new federal criminal charges. It is much different than the previous two indictments. These are related to Trump’s blatant effort to overturn his defeat in the 2020 election. The indictment documents some of those lies.
Although twenty-one (21) lies are noted in the 45-page document the entire book list of false claims is not posted. The documents do highlight dishonesty in a large number of states and Trump’s persistence in both privately and publicly making false assertions even after he had been told the truth about the issues.
As taken from the indictment - 21 Lies
1. The lie that fraud changed the outcome of the 2020 election, that Trump “had actually won,” and that the election was “stolen.” (Pages 1 and 40-41 of the indictment)
2. The lie that fake pro-Trump Electoral College electors in seven states were legitimate electors. (Pages 5 and 26)
3. The lie that the Justice Department had identified significant concerns that may have affected the outcome of the election. (Pages 6 and 27)
4. The lie that Pence had the power to reject Biden’s electoral votes. (Pages 6, 32-38)
5. The lie that “the Vice President and I are in total agreement that the Vice President has the power to act.” (Page 36)
6. The lie that Georgia had thousands of ballots cast in the names of dead people. (Pages 8 and 16)
7. The lie that Pennsylvania had 205,000 more votes than voters. (Pages 8 and 20)
8. The lie that there had been a suspicious “dump” of votes in Detroit, Michigan. (Pages 9 and 17)
9. The lie that Nevada had tens of thousands of double votes and other fraud. (Page 9)
10. The lie that more than 30,000 non-citizens had voted in Arizona. (Pages 9 and 11)
11. The lie that voting machines in swing states had switched votes from Trump to Biden. (Page 9)
12. The lie that Dominion machines had been involved in “massive election fraud.” (Page 12)
13. The lie that “a substantial number of non-citizens, non-residents, and dead people had voted fraudulently in Arizona.” (Page 10)
14. The lie that Fulton County, Georgia elections workers had engaged in “ballot stuffing.” (Pages 13 and 14)
15. The lie that thousands of out-of-state voters cast ballots in Georgia. (Page 16)
16. The lie that Raffensperger “was unwilling, or unable,” to address Trump’s claims about a “‘ballots under table’ scam, ballot destruction, out of state ‘voters’, dead voters, and more.” (Page 16)
17. The lie that there was substantial fraud in Wisconsin and that the state had tens of thousands of unlawful votes. (Page 21)
18. The lie that Wisconsin had more votes counted than it had actual voters. (Page 21)
19. The lie that the election was “corrupt.” (Page 28)
20. The lie that Trump won every state by hundreds of thousands of votes. (Page 34)
21. The lie that Pennsylvania “want[s] to recertify.” (Page 38)
Donald Trump is to appear in Washington DC Court tomorrow, Thursday, August 3, 2023, in reference to this third indictment.
Judge Tanya Chutkan will be presiding over the new criminal case. Judges are chosen at random. This United States. district court judge has dealt the ex-president one of the most significant legal blows of his lifetime, triggering perhaps the greatest deluge of evidence about his bid to subvert the 2020 election — a scheme for which he now stands charged with serious crimes - as taken from Politico. Former President Obama nominated Chutkan to be the U.S. District Judge for the District of Columbia, and she was confirmed unanimously by the U.S. Senate, 95-0, in June 2014.
The political chess game continues in the world of Donald Trump as he navigates these legalities yet continues to run for another term to serve (?) our America.