As new COVID-19 cases begin to rise, Lake Charles Memorial Hospital has implemented new policies for visitors effective 7/21/2021.
Calcasieu Parish had 89 new reported cases of COVID-19 on Monday July 19, 2021. Additionally on Monday, Louisiana rose 3,987 cases, and nationwide there were 79,626 cases. Though there are currently no formally introduced lockdown measures, some local establishments are taking precautions. Lake Charles Memorial Hospital is among the first few.
LCMH's new guidelines for the entire facility are as follows, and additional guidelines for specific units will be specified below:
One visitor per patient per stay who:
- Has not been exposed to COVID in the last 10 days
- Has no fever or COVID symptoms
- Must wear a face covering/mask in all areas, including the patient's room
- Must be in the building by 8:00PM to stay overnight (only applicable in areas who allow overnight visitors)
- Must remain in the patient's room
- Cannot leave and return more than twice daily
- Must be a designated visitor, but this can change with the approval of the charge nurse/director
If the patient is in ICU for a non-COVID related reason:
- In addition to the general guidelines, visitors must maintain 6 feet distance from others
- Visiting hours are 8:00AM-8:00PM
If the patient is in ICU for COVID:
- In addition to the general guidelines, visitors may not wait or stay in the waiting room
- Visiting hours are 8:00AM-8:00PM
If the patient is in Pediatrics/Pediatric ICU:
- In addition to the general guidelines, visitors are limited to re-entry of the facility one time per day
If the patient is in need of Emergency Room services:
- In addition to the general guidelines, visitors cannot stay in the waiting room
- If a patient cannot be immediately roomed, visitors must stay outside and will be called when the patient has been roomed
If the patient is in Surgery, Same Day Surgery, Cardiac Cath Lab, or Radiology (X-Ray):
- In addition to the general guidelines, if a room is not immediately available, visitors must maintain 6 feet distance from others in waiting areas or must wait outside
If the patient is in the Laboratory:
- No visitors are allowed unless they provide personal care or communication services
- Parents may accompany children but must follow general guidelines
If the patient is in the Pre-Assessment Testing Center, MMG & Moss Memorial Clinics, Physical Therapy, Infusion Clinics, Non-Invasive Cardiology, Radiation Oncology:
- No visitors are allowed unless they provide personal care or communication services. Personal care and communications services providers are required to follow general guidelines.
If the patient is in Archer Institute/Behavioral Health (10 Tower)
- In addition to general guidelines, patients may have one designated visitor who is prescribed by the attending psychiatrist
- Patients will have increased phone access
- Visitation is allowed in conjunction with scheduled family visits and limited to required attendees
**Exceptions are being made for end-of-life care.**
**Visitors must have their own personal face mask to enter facilities.**
**See LCMH's website for information on visitation guidelines for Memorial for Women.**
LCMH has a walk-in Pfizer Vaccine clinic open Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00AM-3:00PM on the 1st floor of the Atrium with designated parking spots in the parking garage. Bring insurance card and vaccination card for 2nd dose.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.