It's official! The Harlem Globetrotters 2023 World Tour presented by Jersey Mike's made its way to the State Farm Center at the University of Illinois in Champaign, Illinois and we were excited to be able to go again!
The Harlem Globetrotters
But first, if you are unfamiliar with the Harlem Globetrotters, they are an American exhibition basketball team that showcases their incredible ball-handling wizardry, rim-rattling dunks, trick shots, hilarious comedy, and unequaled fan interaction!
In fact, they had their first Globetrotter from Poland performing last night. Dazzle Kidoń is the first Harlem Globetrotter player ever from Poland, and the first Globetrotter ever to be discovered at one of the team's pre-game Magic Pass events. How interesting is that?
A Family Tradition
Going to the Harlem Globetrotters game each year has become a family tradition for the boys and me. We always have such a fun time when we go. The music sounds like you’re in a nightclub and gets you excited throughout the entire game. People are excited and wearing red, white, and blue sweatbands, shirts, etc.
Globie and Big G, the mascots are always entertaining. Globie certainly kept us entertained with his dance moves as the clock counted down for the game to start. All of the Globetrotters were entertaining including Cheese, Hammer, Wham, Hot Shot, etc.
All Things New
Since we go each year, it was easy to spot changes from the previous years that we have gone. For example, this year, DJ Leww was playing the music. She is the first female DJ for the Harlem Globetrotters.
In addition to this, the Harlem Globetrotters were wearing new uniforms. Instead of the white uniforms (or even blue uniforms) that I have seen them in, they were wearing black uniforms. Although they are attractive, I still love the uniform colors of the Washington Generals - which are green.
As always, we have a great time. So, if you are thinking about going, I am sharing a few tips below from past experiences to help ensure a memorable time at the game, as well as a discount code below from US Family Guide that will save you 20% on tickets.
Ensure a Memorable Experience with These Tips
- In years past, we have stayed after the game for quick photographs and photo ops, but, you can also choose to purchase a Magic Pass or Celebrity Pass which will allow you time before the game to interact with the Globetrotters. Whichever you choose, just know that there is a limited amount of time that the players have to sign autographs, so you will want to move very quickly to avoid being at the end of the lines.
- In years past, we have worn matching colors including a combination of red, blue, and white to match the Harlem Globetrotters team. This easy photo hack ensures that all your photos look well put together and themed.
- Lastly, I encourage readers to create a mini autograph Harlem Globetrotters Album - which I made for my boys in the past. If you make it ahead of time, your children can take it to the game with them for autographs and when the event is over, any photos can be placed inside.
To Create the Album
- Purchase a 4x6 photo album.
- Insert 4x6 plain sheets of paper into the album or index cards.
- Quickly pull out and hand to Globetrotters to sign.
- When the game is over, fill the remaining pages with photos of the night and leftover ticket stubs!
Being prepared made all the difference in the world!
You can save up to 20% with Promo Code: USFAM from the link below. You can also check out the remaining schedule from the link.
This post is in partnership with US Family Guide and may contain affiliate links.
Comments / 0