From the outfits to the tables, picture thousands of people dressed in white from head to toe amidst a sea of tables, decor, and ambiance reflecting the same white aesthetic.
Later this week, this beautiful scene will take over a secret Miami location as gourmands come together for an epic night known as the Le Dîner en Blanc.
Over the years, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon, what began as a word-of-mouth event that has since grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris marked its 30th anniversary in 2018 with a record 17,000 guests from Paris, and around the world.
While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principle fuelling this fantastic event has not: guests dressed in all white continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces.
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 120 cities in 40 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. Per tradition, guests bring their own (white) tables, chairs, and decor to throw an elaborate do-it-yourself dinner party.
This month, the event makes its annual return to Miami, where it will celebrate its 5th anniversary edition in the Magic City. The elegant and secret affair will bring its festive and community feel of this long-standing French picnic tradition to diners on Saturday, April 9, 2022.
This unique social gathering with its breathtaking scenery of thousands of white-clad guests descending upon one of the city's most prestigious public spaces creates at every edition unforgettable and instantly Instagram-able moments.
And, as always, the venue will remain secret until the last minute.
To be part of the celebration, interested guests can sign up by visiting the Miami website at miami.dinerenblanc.com and clicking on the "register" tab.
Melie Viera and Monica Castaneda, hosts of South Florida's Le Dîner en Blanc, are the dream team behind the Miami event. Unbeknownst to many, each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and decided to bring it to their city, adding their own local flair while respecting the event's core values.
Together, these passionate individuals are excited to bring this magical and elegant event back to Miami, and are glad Le Dîner en Blanc is back not only as celebration of their city, but also to help the local economy.
"This chic and elegant affair aims to encourage people to shop local and bring to the event their local flavor. This year marks the 5th edition of Le Diner en Blanc in Miami," Melie Viera tells News Break. "This amazing, must-attend event will be celebrating our city and community, we invite the participants to register early, not to wait until the last moment."
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Head-to-toe in elegant and white-only attire. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until the last minute, guests meet at the assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers, and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on-site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Florida, alcohol laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
For more info, photos, and videos of Le Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com