Oreos, Chocolate, Cookies, OH MY.
Picking a favorite cookie can seem like an impossible task. No holiday would be complete without a new chocolate chip cookie combination to try. Although remaining loyal to the chocolate chip cookie- I have added a slight twist that is just too good to be true. I am happy to share with you my favorite recipe that will knock the socks off any family member, or guest, you have this holiday season. This cookie recipe will surely be a new one to add to your holiday dessert must haves. This is not your average cookie, because it is even better than that. It is a combination of a chocolate chip cookie and an Oreo Cookie. Add sprinkles on top to give it a more cheerful and festive look. I absolutely promise you, once you make these once- you won't ever stop.
Although these are a great holiday cookie, that doesn't mean they aren't good the rest of the year! I make these about once a month because they are absolutely THAT GOOD.
Whether you're baking this holiday season for holiday cookie exchange, santa or your own family- this Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is just the perfect one to try. From traditional cookies, to the unique ones like these; hopefully you'll be adding this one to your growing list of favorites.
Inspired to get baking? The full recipe details + tips are below.
- 2 Sticks of Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Pack of Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
- Christmas Sprinkles
1. Mix butter, light brown sugar and sugar until well combined.
2. Add in eggs and blend.
3. Add vanilla, and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the almond flour, salt and baking soda.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingreditents.
6. Add the chocolate chips a little at a time while mixing into the ingredients.
7. Cover; let cookie dough harden in the fridge for a few hours, or even overnight. This helps the cookie stay thicker and not spread out as much while cooking.
Ready To Cook?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet or use a non stick sheet.
- Using a spoon, take one scoop of cookie dough and place it on top of an Oreo Cookie. Spread the cookie dough on the Oreo until the whole Oreo Cookie is thinly covered with dough. Seal the edges together so you can no longer see the Oreo Cookie. (Don't make the dough too thick around the Oreo or else the cookies will spread too much. You want just enough to fully cover the Oreo on all sides.)
- Add Christmas sprinkles on top.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, depending on your liking!
- Let cool before transferring cookies off of cookie sheet, and ENJOY!
- Before wrapping the dough around the Oreos- place a small amount of cookie dough in the middle of an Oreo for a pre-cookie dessert. I promise you will not be disappointed. Cation: Only have one- the dough does contain raw eggs.
- Although the cookies are amazing out of the oven, these cookies are personally my favorite the next day once cooled off and room temperature.
- Almond flour can be substituted for regular flour.
Photo By: Becca Ballard
Like what you see?
Follow me on the News Break app for more content! I always appreciate the follow. :)