BY's Recipe: Seared chicken with vegetables and fruits meal is easy to prepare and requires no cooking experience. Children under ten need adult supervision.
Servings: 2. Prep. Time: 10-15 minutes. Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes. Total Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes.
What you need
- 35-45 minutes.
- 1 pound of chicken breast or leg (mushroom for vegans and vegetarians),
- Spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, onions, etc.
- Salt or sugar to taste,
- 2 teaspoons of garlic or turmeric powder.
- Wash, clean, dry, and season the chicken,
- Cut or chop vegetables and fruits,
- Set them aside.
- Use a medium-sized pot or frypan,
- Preheat the frypan for a minute,
- Add chicken and increase the heat,
- Sear for about 6 minutes,
- Flip over, decrease the heat, and cook for about 7 minutes,
- Check to ensure it's ready for your taste,
- Set it aside.
- Use chicken broth left in the pot or one teaspoon of oil ( optional for vegans),
- Add chopped onions, stir, and cook for about a minute,
- Add chopped cucumber, pepper and stir for a few seconds,
- Cover the pot and cook for about a minute,
- Add spinach, salt, and stir for about a minute,
- Your meal is ready (see the photo below).
Serve with cooked rice or baked potato.
Be creative and do what works for you with chicken, vegetables, and fruits. I recommend a personal chef if you choose not to prepare your food or don't have the time to cook. Check Google for your local personal chef.
Are you a vegan or vegetarian? If yes, substitute chicken with mushroom. Feel free to share the recipe.
"Don't be afraid to adapt new ingredients into your own techniques, and traditional ingredients into new recipes."-- Jose Garces.