An opinion essay on abortion ban: Abortion is a controversial issue for its supporters and opponents. Why are we here now? Who makes the ban happens? Who benefits? Who suffers? What next?
Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade-- the abortion medical procedure is illegal in the US.
Abortion is a medical procedure that involves a medical expert and their patients. An expert tends to make decisions in the area of expertise, but now the expert may not give an opinion on abortion.
Whether you are for or against abortion, here is the painful truth.
Election matters. Voters gave the US Supreme Court power to make decisions. I think voters made abortion illegal in the US. Your one vote matters.
The rule is handed down, and what next? And a lot of talk and protest around the world. As noted, the ruling was not an overnight event but many decades of strategic planning by the opponents of abortion law.
How come the supporters of abortions didn't prevent it?
Why are we here now?
- We are here today because politicians chose not to use their power when they had for eight, four, six, or two years. Also, the votes preferred to vote for short-term needs.
Who makes abortion illegal?
- The voters. Many voters choose to vote for instant gratification.
- The political leaders did not use their power when they had it.
- Supreme Court Justices. Some Justices chose not to retire when they were seriously ill or when their party held power.
- Weak leaders are leaders who are afraid to make tough decisions, and they never make any.
- Politicians, lobbies, and fast food industries benefit more from cheap labor.
Politicians can learn how to talk less and do more.
- Low-income earners, poor women, and low-skilled workers suffer from the law.
What next for the US Supreme Court to ban?
- Women driver and swimsuit,
- Social media and smartphones,
- Interracial marriage,
- Gay marriage,
- Immigration and freedom.
Your vote mattters. "Help yourself grow."--BY