Layoff Crisis in California: Thousands Struggle as Ongoing Job Cuts Continue
The layoff wave in California continued in September, with a wide range of businesses announcing layoffs across the month.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site.
September California layoff notifications
- Tri-City Medical Center. 96 jobs cut in Oceanside.
- Herbalife International of America. 12 jobs were cut in Los Angeles.
- Alchemee. 12 jobs cut in Santa Monica.
- Herbalife International of America, 85 jobs cut in Torrance
- Visalia Citrus Packing Group. 34 jobs cut in Orange Cove
- Dabico Airport Solutions. 25 jobs cut in Cypress
- Visalia Citrus Packing Group. 31 jobs cut in Woodlake
- Mercy Medical Transportation 58 jobs cut in Ramona
- Planet Labs PBC. 85 jobs cut in San Francisco
- Johns Manville. 54 jobs cut in Willows
- ContextLogic Inc.152 jobs cut in San Francisco
- Sunrun. 53 jobs cut in Santa Fe Springs
- Cisco Systems 340 jobs cut in Milpitas and San Jose
- Company Method Inc. 19 jobs cut in Santa Monica
- ATI Restoration. 18 jobs cut in Santa Rosa
- Rodan & Fields. 76 jobs cut in San Ramon
- Sunrun Inc.50 jobs cut in Sacramento
- L3 Technologies. 134 jobs cut in Carlsbad
- U.S. Inflight Catering. 75 jobs cut in El Segundo
- J.B. Hunt Transport. 127 jobs cut in Livermore
- Ericsson Inc. 180 jobs cut in Irvine and Sacramento
- Amyris. 62 jobs cut in Emeryville
- URS Midwest. 4 jobs cut in Bakersfield
- Joy Signal Technology. 127 jobs cut in Chico
- ImmunityBio. 48 jobs cut in Segundo
- Morrison Healthcare. 74 jobs cut in Bakersfield
- U.S. Bank 124 jobs cut in Oakland and San Diego
- Certified Freight Logistics. 4 jobs cut in Stockton
- Wolfspeed. 50 jobs cut in Morgan Hill
- Certified Freight Logistics. 150 jobs cut in Santa Maria
- Universal Protection Service. 25 Merlo jobs cut in Park
- MV Transportation. 20 jobs cut in Burbank
- REACH Medical Holdings. Ten jobs cut in Concord
- TTM Technologies. 240 jobs cut in Santa Clara
- Clari Inc. 139 jobs cut in Sunnyvale
- REACH Medical Holdings. 13 jobs cut in Murrieta
- BlackLine Systems. 21 jobs cut in Pleasanton
- The Vons Companies. 53 jobs cut in Pasadena
- BlackLine Systems. 95 jobs cut in Woodland Hills
- Burke Williams. 110 jobs cut in Mission Viejo
- KeHE Distributors. 80 jobs cut in Chico
- Natural Alternatives International 66 jobs cut in Carlsbad and Vista
Are you concerned about these job losses? Do you fear the United States could be heading toward a recession? Who is to blame for job losses? Is there anything Gov. Newsom can do to address these job cuts?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below and share this article with others so more people can join the discussion.
To keep up with all the latest business and retail developments in California and the United States, please click on the follow button!