Lululemon's New York Workforce Takes Another Hit with Second Round of Layoffs
Athletic apparel brand Lululemon is laying off 119 staff in its New York office. The layoffs will occur thanks to a new partnership between Lululemon and Peloton. The business also laid off 100 staff earlier this year.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site. Lululemon has filed with the New York Department of Labor advising of layoffs.
The filing states that 119 employees located in New York will be laid off across two dates- December 27 and January 24.
“As we considered the Peloton partnership, the most difficult decision was the direct impact the evolution will have on approximately 120 of our people who support lululemon Studio today. True to our company values, we will support those impacted through the transition. We deeply appreciate their contributions and recognize how difficult this announcement is for the team.” ” a company spokesperson
It is the latest layoff notice to hit New York in the past few weeks.
Recent New York layoffs
Below are the businesses that filed a WARN act with the New York Department of Labor advising of upcoming layoffs.
- Pathway Vet Alliance 132 jobs were cut in Rochester.
- ABN Amro announced 73 jobs would be cut on December 31.
- Management & Training Corporation (MTC) 171 jobs cut in New York City
- Centerra Group. 469 jobs cut across New York.
- Yellow Corporation. 1185 jobs cut across New York.
- Savarino Companies. 30 jobs cut Buffalo.
- CVS Health. 167 jobs cut in New York City.
- Indian Point Energy Center (IPEC). 30 jobs cut, Buchanan.
- Republic Steel. 185 jobs cut Blasdell.
- Charter Communications 426 jobs cut Syracuse.
- Fallon Health Weinberg 31 jobs cut Amherst.
- 29th Street NY Food and Beverage Operating Company 125 jobs cut in New York City.
- Alteryx, Inc. had 30 jobs cut in New York City.
- Amyris Inc. has 36 jobs cut in New York City.
- SDH Education West 75 jobs cut Albany.
- Poppin, Inc 71 jobs cut New York City.
- Gamma North Corporation 85 jobs cut, Alden.
Are you concerned about these job losses? Do you fear the United States could be heading toward a recession? Who is to blame for job losses?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below and share this article with others so more people can join the discussion.
To keep up with all the latest business and retail developments in New York and the United States, please click on the follow button!