Breaking News: Global Bank Initiates Layoffs, NYC Feels the Impact
Dutch bank ABN AMRO has today announced layoffs in its New York City office.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site. ABN Ambro has filed with the New York Department of Labor advising of layoffs.
The filing states that 73 employees located at 100 Park St in New York City will be laid off on December 31.
It is the latest layoff notice to hit New York in the past few weeks.
Recent New York layoffs
Below are the businesses that filed a WARN act with the New York Department of Labor advising of upcoming layoffs.
- Pathway Vet Alliance 132 jobs were cut in Rochester.
- Management & Training Corporation (MTC) 171 jobs cut in New York City
- Centerra Group. 469 jobs cut across New York.
- Yellow Corporation. 1185 jobs cut across New York.
- Savarino Companies. 30 jobs cut Buffalo.
- CVS Health. 167 jobs cut in New York City.
- Indian Point Energy Center (IPEC). 30 jobs cut, Buchanan.
- Republic Steel. 185 jobs cut Blasdell.
- Charter Communications 426 jobs cut Syracuse.
- Fallon Health Weinberg 31 jobs cut Amherst.
- 29th Street NY Food and Beverage Operating Company 125 jobs cut in New York City.
- Alteryx, Inc. 30 jobs cut in New York City.
- Amyris Inc. 36 jobs cut in New York City.
- SDH Education West 75 jobs cut Albany.
- Poppin, Inc 71 jobs cut New York City.
- Gamma North Corporation 85 jobs cut, Alden.
Are you concerned about these job losses? Do you fear the United States could be heading toward a recession? Who is to blame for job losses?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below and share this article with others so more people can join the discussion.
To keep up with all the latest business and retail developments in New York and the United States, please click on the follow button!