Banks are shutting locations across Arizona. Is your local branch closing?
There continues to be a push by banks to get their customers online, as seen by the number of physical branches being closed.
Each week the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) releases a bulletin of banks set to close, and the list continues to grow. According to data from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), approximately 8,000 banks were in operation in 2000, but by 2022, this figure was halved.
One report states, "If the trend of current bank branch closings continues, there may be no bank branches left in 10 years."
While some people do their banking online, many still prefer to visit a branch to conduct their finances so these closures will cause some concern to some customers.
Below are the bank locations set to close in Arizona over the summer.
Branches in Arizona Closing in June
- Academy Bank. 1607 W. Bethany Home Rd, Phoenix
- PNC Bank. 1802 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix
- PNC Bank. 77 S Val Vista Dr, Gilbert
- Wells Fargo. 1901 S Gilbert Rd, Mesa
- Wells Fargo. 11414 Fortuna Rd, Yuma
- Wells Fargo. 275 N. Tagner, Wickenburg
Branches in Arizona Closing in July
- Wells Fargo. 3490 Stockton Hill Rd, Kingman
- JP Morgan. 950 N Tyndall Ave, Tucson
- Wells Fargo. 4167 North Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale
Branches in Arizona Closing in August
- Wells Fargo. 10733 West Peoria Ave, Sun City
- Bank of America. 1158 East Main St, Mesa
- Wells Fargo. 115 North Grand Ave, Nogales
I will continue to update this list, so if you wish to be updated with the latest developments, make sure you click the follow button.
Do these branch closures affect you? Will you move to online banking? Should branches stay open for people who prefer to conduct their banking in person? Do you have confidence in your local bank? Will you switch banks?
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below and share this article on social media and with others so more people can join the discussion.