Several major banks are closing locations across Ohio this summer. Check the latest list here.
Major banks continue to push customers toward online banking as they close locations across the United States.
Each week the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) releases a bulletin of banks set to close, and the list continues to grow. According to data from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), approximately 8,000 banks were in operation in 2000, but by 2022, this figure was halved.
While some people do their banking online, many still prefer to visit a branch to conduct their finances so these closures will cause some concern to some customers.
Below are the bank locations set to close in Ohio over the summer.
Branches in Ohio Closing in June
- US Bank. 8340 Mason-Montgomery, Mason
- US Bank Sixth and Sentinel Streets, Cincinnati
- US Bank 6090 Center Hill Rd, Cincinnati
- US Bank. 5299 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati
- PNC Bank. 4221 Glenway Ave, Cincinnati
- PNC Bank. 126 Second St Elyria
- Citizens Bank. 967 Lila Ave, Milford
Branches in Ohio Closing in July
- Citizens Bank. 15050 Bagley Rd, Middleburg Heights
- PNC Bank. 700 Jefferson Ave, Toledo
- PNC Bank. 405 Madison Ave, Toledo
- US Bank. 1673 Pearl Rd, Brunswick
Branches in Ohio Closing in August
- Fifth Third Bank. 2310 Ferguson Rd, Cincinnati
I will continue to update this list, so if you wish to be updated with the latest developments, make sure you click the follow button.
Do these branch closures affect you? Will you move to online banking? Should branches stay open for people who prefer to conduct their banking in person? Do you have confidence in your local bank?
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below and share this article on social media and with others so more people can join the discussion.