The ongoing financial issues of discount retailer Tuesday Morning has led to them selling everything in the store- including fixtures and equipment.
Last week I wrote an article about the discount retailer known as Tuesday Morning closing all of its stores in California and exiting the state.
All items were on sale, but now there is a new development with the company literally selling everything in the store- including fixtures and equipment.
Let's take a look at the ongoing story.
Tuesday Morning was founded in Texas in 1974.
Several years ago, it had 687 stores across the United States, but it has faced many financial issues since then. Last month the company filed for bankruptcy; it was the second bankruptcy filing for the company in three years.
At the time of the filing, it also announced it would close over half of its stores, including all 31 of its stores in California. In 2020, it closed 17 stores in California.
Once these stores are closed, there will be just 215 left in the United States, and California will have gone from 48 Tuesday Morning stores to none in just three years.
In announcing the store closures, the company stated it would:
“Enable the company to reduce its outstanding liabilities, obtain the significant and necessary capital, and ultimately transform into a nimbler retailer that serves heritage markets in a profitable manner.”
Tuesday Morning stores closing in California:
- 1000 E Rte 66, Glendora East Shopping Center, Glendora, CA 91740
- 850 Herndon Ave, Trading Post, Clovis, CA 93612
- 11098 E Foothill Boulevard, Terra Vista Town Center, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
- 1355 North McDowell Blvd, Redwood Gateway, Petaluma, CA 94954
- 9940 Alabama Street, Redlands Town Centre, Redlands, CA 92374
- 1635 Hilltop Drive, Hilltop - Redding Plaza, Redding, CA 96002
- 17126 Van Buren Blvd., Woodcrest Plaza, Riverside, CA 92504
- 17120 Magnolia Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- 1772 Garnet Avenue, Pacific Plaza, San Diego, CA 92109
- 18040 Chatsworth Street, Granada Hills Town Center, Granada Hills, CA 91344
- 1824 Marron Road, North Country Plaza, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- 191 San Marin Drive, San Marin Plaza, Novato, CA 94945
- 3250 Dale Road, Vintage Faire, Modesto, CA 95356
- 2139 Foothill Boulevard, Village La Verne, La Verne, CA 91750
- 22950 Victory Blvd, Pride Center, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- 23855 Hawthorne Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90505
- 2450 Las Posas Road, Camarillo Village Square, Camarillo, CA 93010
- 2485 Notre Dame Boulevard, Skypark Plaza, Chico, CA 95928
- 3338 Governor Drive. UC Marketplace, San Diego, CA 92122
- 4242 Camino Del Rio North, Valley Del Rio Shopping Center, San Diego, CA 92108
- 44250 Town Center Way, Town Center Plaza, Palm Desert, CA 92260
- 4756 Telephone Road. Riviera Plaza, Ventura, CA 93003
- 898 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, CA 95123
- 7255 Greenback Lane, Regency Shopping Center, Citrus Heights, CA 95621
- 5432 Woodruff Avenue, Lakewood Marketplace, Lakewood, CA 90713
- 2721 Calloway Ave., Rosedale Village, Bakersfield, CA 93312
- 5771 Five Star Blvd, Fairway Commons, Roseville, CA 95678
- 685 East Bidwell Street, Folsom Faire, Folsom, CA 95630
- 8520 East Chapman Avenue, Santiago Hills Marketplace, Orange, CA 92869
- 901 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- 2983 Jamacha Rd, Rancho San Diego Towne Center, El Cajon, CA 92019
The stores listed for closure above offered sales on all items, and savvy shoppers took advantage of this by snapping up bargains.
Now the website has been updated to state that even the store fixtures and equipment can be bought, advising customers to speak with the store manager.
It remains to be seen how much extra funds the business will gain from selling off fixtures and equipment, and customers buying merchandise on sale at Tuesday Morning stores closing due to bankruptcy should note that returns are not allowed.
I will continue to update readers with any new developments in this story.
For the latest list of all stores closing in California, please check out this article. To keep up to date with the latest retail developments but sure to follow me.
Do these store closures affect you? Will you visit one of these stores to find a bargain? Are you concerned about the number of retail stores closing in California? Should the government offer more financial support for struggling retail businesses?
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below and share this article on social media so more people can join the discussion.
Comments / 21