Great news for residents of North Texas as Krogers announces two new stores in the region, taking up the battle to H-E-B.
Grocery shoppers in the Dallas Fort Worth area are set to have more choices as the grocery war in the region heats up.
Kroger has announced it will open three new, larger Kroger Marketplace stores in North Texas next year. They will be the first new Kroger stores to open in the Dallas Fort Worth area since 2019.
The new locations will be located at:
- The northeast corner of Highway 287 and E. Bonds Ranch Road in Fort Worth. It is worth noting that this is close to a new H-E-B store under construction. The new Kroger store here will be 122,000-square-foot and have an additional 34,000 square feet of space for services and restaurants plus three 1-acre pads.
- Northwest corner of Sam Rayburn Tollway and Washington Drive in Melissa. This is another location that H-E-B will soon open. H-E-B has purchased almost 43 acres, mainly on the east side of U.S. Highway 75 just north of Highway 121.
- 9700 Coit Rd in Plano. This site of an existing Kroger will be renovated and upgraded and reopen as a Kroger Marketplace.
The battle for North Texas
The announcement by Kroger seems to be in response to H-E-B's rapid expansion in North Texas.
H-E-B has been acquiring land throughout Tarrant County of late as it seeks to fill the demand of local shoppers. They have recently acquired land at:
- 8600 Quail Valley Drive
- 6599 McCart Ave.
- The Shops at Chisholm Trail Ranch development in far south Fort Worth
- 200 E. Bonds Ranch Road
- 6351 W. Bailey Boswell Road
- 3700 Cheek-Sparger Road and Heritage Parkway.
To keep up to date with all the latest retail and business developments in Texas, please click the follow button.
Are you glad to see Kroger and H-E-B open more stores in North Texas? Where else in the region would you like to see them open?
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below and share this article with others so more people can join the discussion.
Comments / 14