It is no secret that the national discount retail chain, Tuesday Morning has been struggling financially and this week they announced that six of their stores in South Carolina will close.
The struggling business filed for bankruptcy this week for the second time in three years and they advised they will close half of their 487 stores across the United States, including six in South Carolina. Before it first hit financial difficulties and filed for bankruptcy, the chain operated 687 stores in the U.S.
The move will “enable the company to reduce its outstanding liabilities, obtain the significant and necessary capital, and ultimately transform into a nimbler retailer that serves heritage markets in a profitable manner.”
There is some good news about these store closures.
The stores that are closing have listed everything within the store on sale, allowing smart shoppers to take advantage by finding significant savings. At this stage, no closing date has been announced by the company so shoppers will need to act quickly.
Items are only on sale at the stores below.
Tuesday Morning stores closing in South Carolina:
- 1926 West Palmetto Street, Cashua Place Shopping Center, Florence, SC 29501
- 2529 Whiskey Road, Aiken Exchange, Aiken, SC 29803
- 264 Harbison Blvd, Harbison Court, Columbia, SC 29212
- 6101 Calhoun Memorial Highway, Town & Country Plaza, Easley, SC 29640
- 680 Long Point Road, Belle Hall Shopping Center, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
- 975 Savannah Highway, St. Andrews Shopping Center, Charleston, SC 29407
Are you sad that so many Tuesday Morning stores will be closing? Will these store closures affect you? Do you have hope for the long-term future of this popular discount retailer in South Carolina? Will you visit one of these stores before they close to find a bargain?
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below and share this article on social media, so others are aware of these sales.
Comments / 4