Bronx, NY

The Story of Keishawn Gordon, The NYC Bronx Baby Killer

Ardhi, Muhammad
(illustration) prisonerby
pprisoner by

Authorities busted Keishawn Gordon, 23, Friday and charged him with sexually abusing and killing Legacy Beauford, who was discovered unconscious Thursday in a bedroom at the Webster Houses in Morrisania, sources stated.

Gordon-- who resided in the apartment or condo with Legacy's mama-- supposedly punched the baby, breaking his ribs and lacerating his liver, according to sources who stated he then took a toothbrush and sodomized the young boy because he wouldn't stop sobbing.

The kid had swellings on his face. Sources stated.

EMS took the child to Bronx Care Health System, where he was noticeable dead.

According to sources, Gordon was charged with murder, intensified sexual assault, and sexual abuse.
Gordon, who is unemployed, has 18 prior arrests, including seven felonies, sources stated.

According to sources, he was charged with criminal blockage of breathing in 2018 after presumably putting his hands around a woman's neck and then knocking her to the floor. That victim stated she did not pass out, sources said.

A GoFundMe page was set up for little Legacy after his death.

"Today, we are grieved to say we lost a beautiful child of God. However, a life so short in number, an effect so huge was expressed in this beautiful child boy's name Legacy Beauford," the page checks out.

A 15-month-old Bronx boy died quickly after being found unconscious in his home, and his mother's boyfriend was in police custody late Friday, police stated.

Keishawn Gordon, 23, is charged with murder, manslaughter, worsened sexual assault, and sexual abuse. He lived at the address where the kid died, said polices.

Cops got rid of bags of evidence and a little cage from the household's house on Thursday.

The NYPD and the Administration for Children's Services released a joint examination after medical professionals informed police they had actually found bruising on the body of little Legacy Beauford, officials stated.

A neighbor in the building informed the Daily News that she repeatedly heard weeping and shrieking from home shared by the infant and his mother.

"I attempted to help that baby, but nobody came to assist. It's not simply the baby sobbing. Children weep."

Authorities said the 30-year-old mom called 911 at 3 p.m. Thursday after discovering an unconscious child with his face up on a bed.
aerial image of Bronx NYCby

Medics hurried the kid from the Webster Houses house on E. 169th St. to Bronx Care Health System, where he passed away.

An autopsy will figure out the cause of death and whether a criminal offense was committed. It was unclear whether the infant had any pre-existing medical conditions.

"Our top priority is safeguarding the security and wellness of all kids in New York City," stated a statement from ACS. "We are examining this case with the NYPD.".

But the next-door neighbor insisted she had actually contacted the cops, called 311, and complained to constructing management about the circumstance.

"The lady was yelling, and the infant was shrieking," she stated. "I said, 'That woman is insane. She's arguing with a baby?' ".

The Bronx guy accused of murdering his sweetheart's battered 1-year-old boy told police that the child was "annoying me" by weeping and declared he wasn't tossing the kid around "that difficult" to get him to stop, according to court documents.

Keishawn Gordon, 23, was remanded at his arraignment Saturday in the killing of little Legacy Beauford, who was discovered unresponsive Thursday in a bedroom at the Webster Houses in Morrisania.

According to police sources, Gordon-- who lived in the apartment with Legacy's mom, Jessica Melendez-- allegedly punched the weeping infant, breaking his ribs and lacerating his liver.

Law-enforcement sources have told The Post that Gordon then took a toothbrush and sodomized the young boy with it.

The infant, Legacy Beauford, was killed in the Bronx. In Brooklyn, a 4-year-old boy passed away after being discovered unconscious in a corridor.

The night before 1-year-old Legacy Beauford died, he was weeping uncontrollably.

That irritated his mom's boyfriend, Keishawn Gordon, babysitting for him overnight on Wednesday in the family's home in the Bronx's Webster Houses.

When authorities questioned Mr. Gordon about Legacy's injuries after the baby's death, he initially told private investigators that he gently squeezed the kid's stomach and tossed him in the air to pacify him, according to a criminal problem filed in court after Mr. Gordon was apprehended on Friday.

He later admitted to punching him and sexually assaulting him, the police said. According to the criminal grievance, the medical inspector found swellings all over Legacy's face and body, several broken ribs, and a lacerated liver, which caused him to bleed to death internally.

"I was annoyed he wouldn't stop crying," Mr. Gordon stated. "He kept throwing up.

Mr. Gordon, 23, was charged with murder and murder in criminal court in the Bronx. His legal representative did not respond to phone calls seeking to discuss Sunday.

Since his arrest, concerns have arisen about whether the authorities and kid welfare authorities missed out on signs that the kid, who turned 1 in August, was being abused. The Administration for Kid's Solutions stated it was examining the kid's death.

In August, the case follows the death of a 7-year-old-girl, Julissa Batties, who was fatally beaten after being reunited with her birth mother. There have actually been no arrests in her case. However, kid well-being authorities, courts, and the authorities had been in frequent contact with her household considering that she was born.

The cops acknowledged they responded to at least 3 911 calls about an infant crying at Tradition's house given that May, including 2 reported as possible kid abuse. Officers found absolutely nothing suspicious when they reacted to the first contact on May 27, the cops said.

The authorities reacted on July 3 and Aug. 17 to the two subsequent reports of possible kid abuse. Still, the reacting officers reported that they had observed the children in the apartment to be in good health with no noticeable marks or injuries, the cops said.

In addition to the three 911 calls, the authorities received a minimum of another report concerning the family.

A person informed on the case, who asked for anonymity to go over private information, said that on July 14, city social workers and a special victims detective were designated to examine a report from the state's child abuse hotline that Tradition's older bro was sexually mistreated. The police examination was later closed. However, no kids were taken a look at or interviewed, the individual said.

It is unclear why the police closed the case or how the city's child welfare agency handled any calls. On Sunday, the Police Department did not respond to a concern about the July 14 call. The Administration for Kid's Providers stated it was prohibited by law to discuss the family's history.

According to the authorities, Mr. Gordon had a criminal record that consisted of at least five arrests, including robbery in 2019 and an attack in 2018.

In a second case in current days where a young boy was killed, next-door neighbors and relatives likewise cast suspicion on a mother's partner.

On Sunday, officers patrolling the Gowanus Houses in Brooklyn were flagged down to assist a 4-year-old boy, Jaycee Eubanks, who was unconscious. According to the authorities, the officers attempted to revive him as they awaited an ambulance, but they were unsuccessful, and Jaycee later passed away at the healthcare facility.

According to the authorities, while the authorities remained in the building, they came across neighbors who stated Jaycee's 6-year-old sibling had told them his 27-year-old stepfather had actually attacked him and his younger bro.

Not long after the officers' arrival, the stepfather called 911, threatening suicide. He was found unharmed and required to the health center for a psychiatric examination, the police stated.

It is unclear whether the household has a history with the cops or kid welfare authorities.

Marquice Seals, 29, said he was strolling up a stairwell in the building early Sunday when he heard a lady screaming, "Call an ambulance. That little kid can't breathe! He's stagnating!".
(illustration) woman calls ambulanceby

He stated he saw Jaycee laid out in the corridor face up with his arms outstretched a moment later on. His face was purple and inflamed. His mom and stepfather were weeping as his older bro stood close by, Mr. Seals said.

Within minutes, 2 officers hurried into the hallway, and one began performing CPR, he said.

Mr. Seals stated the mom's boyfriend informed officers that Jaycee had actually fallen off the bed and had actually struck his head.

"It didn't sound right," he said. "I'm not going to pass judgment.

Nikeya Birmingham, 32, who lives straight above the family, stated the couple has actually been in the structure for about a year. Because they were shouting at each other so loudly that it sometimes awakened her in the middle of the night, she said she had called the authorities at least four times.

That was the case around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, she stated.

"I was yelling through the pipes, 'Go to bed! Shut up!'" she said.

Still, she stated, she never heard the children or thought they were being abused.

"He's expected to be walking to school tomorrow like all these other kids, with a brand-new backpack and brand-new shoes," Ms. Birmingham said of Jaycee. "Now, he'll never breathe once again.".

People in NYC have been condemning the crime since the @GabNYC2021 user tweeted it was the worst crime she has ever witnessed.

This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 12

Published by

I write on humanity and news surrounding the NYC area.

New York, NY

Comments / 0