A mistake at the pharmacy is almost fatal for an elderly woman and leaves her daughter devastated

Anita Durairaj
https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1mmZsH_0puotCej00
Image for representation onlyPhoto byNational Cancer InstituteonUnsplash

Yahoo News reports that an elderly woman in Australia almost lost her life after she overdosed on medication that a pharmacy prescribed.

It was a significant pharmacy error for the elderly woman named Maria.

She was prescribed a chemotherapy drug, methotrexate, and was supposed to take two pills once a week. Instead, the pharmacy packed the medication so that she would take two pills daily.

Maria suffered symptoms of overdose which were almost fatal - her body was poisoned with high levels of methotrexate.

Only after Maria was admitted to the hospital, doctors found the mistake.

Maria's daughter Lisa is devastated and wants the rules of prescribing medication to change.

Meanwhile, the pharmacy that prescribed the medicine has refused to take responsibility for the almost fatal mistake.




This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 2

Published by

Trained with a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Cincinnati, I write unique and interesting articles focused on science, history, and current events.

N/A
175K followers

More from Anita Durairaj

Comments / 0