A vet's warning after a man played a simple game of fetch with his dog

Anita Durairaj
Image for representation onlyPhoto byEric WardonUnsplash

A simple game of fetch turned into something more serious for a man and his border collie dog named Riley.

The incident reported in Yahoo News serves as a warning for pet owners.

The owner was playing fetch with Riley. They were playing with a stick and during the game when Riley was retrieving the stick, it got caught in the back of his throat resulting in a very deep wound that went down the back of his throat along the neck and chest.

Vets warn that it is very possible for dogs to injure themselves on sticks.

As a more serious consequence, a dog could also become paralyzed.

Vets suggest that owners should seek alternative ways to play catch with their dogs that don't involve sticks such as a toy or frisbee.

As for Riley, he almost lost his life but the incident has left a lasting impression on his owner.

This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 0

Published by

Trained with a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Cincinnati, I write unique and interesting articles focused on science, history, and current events.


More from Anita Durairaj

Comments / 0