Yahoo News Australia reports a frightening incident for one Australian woman after she stuck her bare hands into a box of potatoes.
The woman felt something slither across her hands and was shocked to find that it was a snake. Fortunately for her, the snake was non-venomous.
Snake experts claim the potato box would have been a perfect snake shelter.
It is not the first time that a live snake has been found in a box of potatoes. NDTV reports that in a similar incident, a woman shopping at a Woolworths stuck her hand into a bag of potatoes only to find a snake jumping out from the bag.
Although it might seem that the snakes in both incidents were attracted to potatoes, experts warn that snakes will use any type of shelter that has little holes built in.