In an article in The Daily Dot, a TikToker shares a scary experience she had in her car.
TikToker, Dasia, claimed that for the past six months, she had been noticing strange symptoms. It usually occurred while she was driving. She found that she could not drive longer than an hour without having to pull over to the side of the road to take a nap.
She constantly felt drowsy and had a headache and nausea while sitting in her car.
Dasia claimed that when she drove to Nashville on a recent trip, she felt really "horrible." She was also slurring sentences and forgetting words when she spoke. However, it wasn't just Dasia. It was also anyone else who traveled with her.
She took her cats with her on the trip. During the trip, Dasia claimed they did not make a single sound which was unusual.
Eventually, Dasia finds out the reason for the strange symptoms in her car.
“Come to find out that my car has been leaking carbon monoxide into the cabin,” “This entire time I thought that I was just a sleepy girl, and I’ve been killing myself.”
Dasia's car was being filled with carbon monoxide. She had always assumed it was due to a lack of sleep and that she needed to "work harder on her sleep routine."
Now Dasia is warning the public about the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning in the car.
“People should know there’s a difference between being a sleepy girl and going gently into the good night,” “A lot of people didn’t even know it was a possibility for your car to be poisoning you.”
As a precaution against these sorts of dangerous incidents, carbon monoxide detectors can be purchased and placed in a car.