According to Atlas Obscura, the Witch House at Salem is the only surviving structure with direct ties to the Salem Witch trials of 1692.
The Witch House of Salem in Salem, Massachusetts is also known as the Jonathan Corwin House because it once belonged to Judge Jonathan Corwin (1640 - 1718). However, the house was not built by Corwin. He purchased it in 1675.
Historians believe that the house was built in the early 1600s. It was built in the style of 17th-century New England architecture.
Corwin was a New England merchant, politician, and judge. He is especially remembered for being involved in the Salem Witch trials. Corwin was the magistrate who was assigned to a special panel involved in hearings based on the accusations of witchcraft in the Salem area.
The degree of involvement that Corwin had in accusing people of witchcraft is unknown but he did make arrest warrants and transcribed the hearings. It was even believed that Corwin might have held some of the hearings in his own house but there is no evidence of this.
Corwin lived in the Witch House for more than 40 years and the house remained with his family until the mid-19th century.
In the 1940s, the house was moved 35 feet to its current location. It was renovated and restored to look the same as it did in the 17th century.