CLEVELAND, OH - The City of Cleveland is looking for a Labor and Employment Attorney (Assistant Director of Law). The salary range for this position is $27,040.00 - $99,840.00 per year. The vacancy of this full-time job will close on September 30, 2021, at 11:59 PM Eastern.
The main job description for a Labor and Employment Attorney is to assist and represent the City of Cleveland in litigation (federal and state trial and appellate work), arbitrations, collective-bargaining negotiations, civil service hearings, unemployment compensation hearings, and other administrative works (e.g., EEOC, OCRC, SERB, etc.).
The duties listed below are only illustrations of some of your works that may be performed during your duties. Other duties not included in the list are not meant to be excluded if the works are similar.
- Assist in public records requests and daily issues involving the City's Departments (Public Utilities, Public Works, Public Health, Finance, etc.).
- Defend and represent the City’s various departments in civil rights, employment discrimination, or other general litigation matters.
- Handle legislative and non-legislative transactional assignments.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Experience in public service work is required.
- Possess legal writing skills.
- Possess an Ohio Bar membership in good standing.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in analyzing issues in the law-related matter.
If you are interested in applying for the position, visit governmentjobs.com and submit a copy of a valid photo ID and other required documents.
In addition, the applicant should submit a cover letter, résumé, 3 references, and two writing samples to Barbara Langhenry, Director of Law, City of Cleveland Department of Law by email to ALuton@city.cleveland.oh.us
For more information regarding benefits and other work-related questions, please contact 216-664-2493.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.