American residents can start applying for $500 in monthly payments. Nonprofit United Way California Capital Region along with the city of Sacramento, California has come together to "kick-off" a guaranteed income pilot program. This program will be funded by $750,000 of the America Rescue Plan Act funds which are thanks to Mayor Darrell Steinberg's suggestion to do so. (source)
Initially, 100 Sacramento families were to receive $300 monthly from the program. A new set of families will be eligible to apply for the payments beginning next month, the first phase of the program is set to end in May of 2023. These newly selected participants will receive $500 monthly for 12 months. (source)
To be eligible, recipients must live in Sacramento. To see if your address qualifies, enter it in the city's online tool for representatives. The address is qualified if a City Council member comes up. (source)
Income and family size are also a part of the qualification process.
- Single adults' income must be less than $28,205
- For one adult with one child, income must be less than $49,945
- For one adult with two children, income must be less than $65,880
- For one adult with three children, income must be less than $79,500
- Two adults' income must be less than $43,201
- For two adults with two children, income must be less than $64,273
- For two adults with two children, income must be less than $79,500
- Households of five income must be less than $93,120
- Households of six income must be less than $106,740
- Households of seven income must be less than $120,360
- Households of eight income must be less than $133,980
- Families with extra persons should add $14,160 per person
The application process is open until 2:59 a.m. on April 15.
What do you think about this?
Share your thoughts in the comments and feel free to share this article on social media and with your friends and family, if you'd like.
Disclaimer: This article is only for educational and informational purposes. It is in no way advice at all, please seek professional help before making any decisions. The post got written based on accredited news sources.
Comments / 0