BEAUTY: NATURAL OILS FOR RADIANT SKIN
- GREEN. CLEAN. SIMPLE
- Have you ever thought to read the ingredient list on your “All Natural Skincare” from your local CVS? I bet you haven’t. I also bet you can’t pronounce half the ingredients on the label.
- Take care of your skin with Organic Skincare made from 100% plants. Trust me, it’s worth the extra money. You will feel and see the difference.
- Check out my go-to daily skincare products at Naturaculina.
- The owner of this company is so personable. Initially, I emailed her asking about the products and she was so attentive in providing the right products for my skin type. She sent me free samples before I purchased and everything she sent me WORKED. I had constant breakouts and dry, yet oily skin, which can be extremely frustrating.
- The Chamomile oil not only cleared my skin but gave me that glow you get right after a facial.
- I do not sell these products nor do I get any commission from sharing this information.
- These oils are a staple item in my skincare routine!
- Chamomile oil: for sensitive skin
- Rose oil: anti-aging
- Botanical oil: for breakouts
MIND: THE SCIENCE BEHIND GRATITUDE
- Remember to take care of yourself; you can’t pour from an empty cup.
- Our mental health is more important than ever right now and social media can make you feel like you are missing out. **Remember that what you see is not always the reality of someone’s life.
- Gratitude turns what you have into enough.
- Believe it or not when you focus on something you are GRATEFUL for- for 30 SECONDS, you create a new neural pathway in your brain; which in turn leads to overall HAPPINESS.
- FUN FACT: I have been to many mindfulness and social emotional training in the past few years!
- Did you know that our brains are built to be in “survival mode?”
- Back in the caveman days, we needed that flight or fight reaction to handle a life or death situation. Our brains are wired to think of all the possible things that can go wrong (which are essentially negative thoughts.) This means that in order to think “positive” we need to actually practice positive thinking because it is not something our brain naturally does. This is where GRATITUDE comes in. The more we think about all the things we have and appreciate, the more our brain can create these neural pathways that lead to happy thoughts.
- Mindfulness is a practice that needs to be exercised regularly just like our physical muscles.
What I’m doing to practice mindfulness:
- Bullet Journaling- A bullet journal is simply a book with dotted pages instead of lines, where you combine your planner, your to-do lists and CREATIVITY!
You may be thinking:
“Why design your own planner when you can buy one that is already put together?”
My answer to this is the THERAPY that comes from being creative. I consider my journal my adult coloring book with a purpose.
Some page suggestions to try out:
-Memories- similar to a scrapbook
-Collections: books to read, movies to watch, crafts to try, etc.
If you are unfamiliar with bullet journaling just search the hashtag #bujo or #bujo inspiration to get endless ideas!
- Reading Self-help books; Here’s what I’m currently reading:
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Positive Mindset Habits for Teachers by Grace Stevens
- Balanced and Beautiful by Katrina Scott & Karena Dawn
- do it scared by Ruth Soukup
NUTRITION: THE SURPRISING FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW
- SUPERSTAR FOODS are “Uniquely loaded with NUTRIENTS, FIBER, cancer fighting PHYTOCHEMICALS, or a combination of the above” according to Dr. Bowden.
- I am fascinated by the power of food and what it can do for our bodies.
CHECK OUT THESE FACTS!
- HEALTHIEST FOODS ON EARTH:
- Raspberries: fight cancer cells & help with arthritis
- Strawberries: improve short-term memory
- Quinoa: not a grain, actually a seed! high in iron
- Blueberries: “Highest scoring fruit of all time” memory food
- Cherries: anti-inflammatory, antiaging, anticancer, antiviral, and antibacterial properties!
- Grapefruit: reduce cancer risk for smokers
- Guava: the leaves can be used to make tea to help with gastric disorders and bleeding gums
- Kiwi: 2x vitamin C of oranges & blood thinner
- Lemons: lemon peel in black tea reduce skin cancer risk
- Papaya: enzymes in papaya aid digestion
- Walnuts: contain omega-3s that boost mood
- Sprouts-they are baby plants that have MORE nutrients than the fully grown plant
- Juicing fruits and veggies: While you lose a lot of fiber you gain nutrients because you are actually absorbing hundreds of nutrients in one easy package!
- All of the above facts are from my favorite nutrition book:
- Let me end by saying I LOVE FOOD.
- I don’t diet.
- I do try to consciously add NUTRIENT DENSE foods to stay healthy and consistently improve my overall wellness.
- I am also NOT a nutritionist; just sharing some of my interesting nutrition finds that have been backed by science.