Trump's legal losing streak continues. Next stop SCOTUS?
- President Trump's campaign advisers and lawyers are weighing a fight before the U.S. Supreme Court after a federal appeals court panel of judges issued a harsh rebuke of the campaign's lawsuit over alleged voter fraud allegations in Pennsylvania.
“The campaign’s claims have no merit,” the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia ruled Friday, according to Fox News, despite Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani arguing to a lower court that widespread voter fraud occurred in a state where President-elect Joe Biden won by just over 80,000 votes.
Nuclear bomb scientist gunned down gangland style in Iran
- Iran's top nuclear scientist has been assassinated. Mohsen Fakhrizadeh died in a hail of bullets when armed assassins opened fire on his motor vehicle, according to news reports from Iranian media. Tensions are escalating as Iran initially alleges Israeli involvement in the killing, which happened near Tehran. The future of Iran's nuclear program and bomb-making capabilities are in flux following President Trump's withdrawl from the Iran nuclear deal.
“Terrorists murdered an eminent Iranian scientist today,” Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, wrote on Twitter, as reported by the New York Times. “This cowardice — with serious indications of Israeli role — shows desperate warmongering of perpetrators.”
It's the biggest Cyber Monday of all time at Walmart
- Walmart is promising its greatest Cyber Monday deals and savings ever as holiday shoppers pump dollars into the economy on the heels of a dramatically different Black Friday shopping bonanza. Americans will spend approximately $12.7 billlion on Cyber Monday, according to Adobe Analytics. That's a projected 35 percent increase over the same day in 2019, according to a report from USA Today. It is the busiest online shopping day of the year.
"Customers will discover deals on thousands of gifts and great brands topping wish lists this holiday season – from toys and electronics to fashion, beauty and home," said Walmart's U.S. executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, Scott McCall, in a blog post.
A long time ago in a galaxy not as far away as it looks ...
- That massive Black Hole out there in the Milky Way Galaxy is a lot closer than we thought. Astronomers and other scientists say the Sagittarius A* is about 25,800 light years from the Earth's solar system. That's 1,900 light years closer than it was previously believed - according to a 1985 determination by the International Astronomical Union.
Sagittarius A* - from Chandra X-Ray Observatory
Eat your protein if you want to lose weight, says new study
- There's more new evidence that a diet high in protein will help burn calories and fat better than eating meals with a higher concentration of carbohydrates. The findings from a new study were published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Researchers found that those subjects who ate high protein total diet replacement products burned more calories and fat over 32 hours, compared to people on a North American diet — a mix of various carbs, proteins, and fats, according to a report from Inverse.com. That same group was also burning more fat at the end of the experiment than they were at the start.
"The same number of calories but from different diets can elicit different responses in energy metabolism," study co-authors Carla Prado and Camila Pinto told Inverse.com in a joint statement. Prado and Pinto are researchers at the University of Alberta.
You've got to get up REALLY early to beat Dolly Parton ...
Dolly Parton gets up at 3 a.m. every day to pray, meditate, answer email and, sometimes, write music. The 74-year-old country music legend, actress and philanthropist says she can be most productive between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. because "it's quiet and the energy's all low - except mine."
Image from CNBC -
Parton is the subject of a Netflix documentary currently running on the company's streaming service.