Conor McGregor Just Made $150m With The Sale of 'Proper Twelve Whiskey'

Alvin Ang

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=0gvcI6_0Yq7T6mD00

Illustration by Danielle Grindberg

Conor McGregor has netted yet another huge payday.

McGregor, together with his manager Audie Attair and spirits entrepreneur Ken Austin, created the company Eire Born Spirits (EBS) to launch Proper Twelve whiskey in 2018. The brand became an instant hit. Despite being impacted by the novel coronavirus, Proper Twelve would go on to exceed a billion dollars in sales in 2020, selling a whopping 12 million cases to become the 4th largest whiskey brand in the world.

As of January 2021, Proper 12 an estimated valuation of 200million pounds, or over $276.5 million US dollars.

What’s less known is that Proper Twelve was slated to be a success from the start.

Prior to its launch, EBS already attracted the attention of Becle. The giant company is most well known for its flagship brand Jose Cuervo Tequila. Becle would end up investing and owning a 20% stake in EBS — with one crucial caveat. 

Becle had a call option to extend its ownership stake in EBS should it choose to. In 2020, Becle would choose to do just that, increasing its ownership stake from 20% to 49%. And on March 6th 2021, Becle acquired the remaining 51% of EBS, effectively buying up EBS along with its booming brand, Proper Twelve.

The acquisition is estimated to make McGregor an estimated $150million dollars, making the combat sports superstar an even wealthier man. 

McGregor has yes to make an official announcement regarding the sale, and it is yet unknown what role the Irishman will continue to play in the growth of Poper Twelve, though it is more than likely that Becle will keep McGregor on as an ambassador, given his penchant for salesmanship and how closely related the Proper Twelve brand is to him in the eyes of the public.

Comments / 0

Published by

Contestant on The Apprentice: ONE Championship Edition | Martial Artist + Top Writer ?: sgbjjopen@gmail.com

26 followers

More from Alvin Ang

Comments / 0