AfroCAN Fest Comes to Saint Petersburg, FL on Labor Day 2022
The contemporary summer chic Black excellence celebration that everyone has been looking forward to finally returns this Labor Day Weekend!
This "Special Edition" will be on the gorgeous grounds of Sacred Lands, St. Pete welcoming an exclusive audience!
This unique affair will be that of an intimate garden cocktail, so patrons are expected to dress the vibe and be #AfroFashionable. Patrons are encouraged to be bold in fashion representing culture in style with a cocktail evening flair!
What to Expect
This year, celebrants can anticipate a taste of the finest in black culture with Live Art, Fashion, Music performances, a History Walk, and a highlight of black-owned brands in food and wine while enjoying the intimate setting at Sacred Lands, a tropical-like waterfront paradise epitomizing raw natural beauty.
Sacred Lands is a private indigenous preserve that shares the Tocobaga mound with the city’s Jungle Prada Park. The area is known for its wandering peacocks.
The evening will unfold with live performances from a sunset fashion showcase, to art to DJ and highlight a selection of some of the Bay Area's finest black-owned brands including wine and culinary!
International DJ @iamdjbaboo
DJ Baboo will be ringing a taste of the culture with music by us - for us! From RnB to NeoSoul, from Reggae to AfroBeats, from House to Hiphop!
@AfroCanFest celebrates the culture in style and grace and DJ Baboo will be there to start the party.
A dynamic photo installation by eVents 360 Photobooth.
VIP guests will be entered in our raffle to win an escort to the experience in a luxury slingshot sports car by @polarisslingshot
AfroCAN Silent Auction
The Silent Auction will be featuring signed memorabilia by black celebrities who have shown we CAN!
Art & Sip Lounge presented by @nomadicfeteart
Bask under the stars, embrace the natural setting of the event grounds, and explore the creative in you!
Be sure to register early for the experience! There will be two sessions at 6:45 pm and 7:45 pm.
Black Owned Brands
- Educator & Curator, Stephanie Love of Epicurious One @epicurious_one
- Red Lady Rum Punch @theredladypunch
- Mermosa Wines @mermosawines
- Fashion Highlights featuring local black designers led by @theculturedmaven
- Featured designers at Bella Nella Fashions @bellanellafashion
What is AfroCAN?
AfroCAN is a revolutionary annual summer-time celebration of black excellence and culture. The event is thrown by City Festivals, which also hosts an array of events in Florida including the Florida Vegan Gourmet Food Festival.
This Labor Day, we will feature a limited edition of AfroCAN featuring select partners and top talent representing black excellence in the Bay!
How does AfroCAN impact the community?
- By promoting cultural representation and diversity in the city!
- By empowering, educating, and inspiring the African diaspora while spotlighting black excellence and its impact on our society and daily lives
- By bringing individuals together in an engaging environment so uplifting and entertaining, that everyone enjoys and remember
- By encouraging the support of black-owned businesses and talents which the event will highlight at large
The AfroCAN 2021 sold-out event was on Juneteenth, June 19th, 2021. It was held at the Tampa Garden Club in South Tampa.
For tickets and more info on AfroCAN Fest, www.afrocanfest.eventbrite.com
Event Date: Saturday, September 3, 2022
Where: Sacred Lands - 1700 Park St N #4348, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
When: 6-10 P.M. ET
Must be 21+ to attend!