JetBlue founder Launches Breeze Airways, a new airline that offers a great experience, with low fares, high flexibility, and non-stop flights.
Breeze Airways announced its debut service from 16 Cities Including Tampa International Airport. Tampa Bay is one of the hottest markets in the country right now with multiple sports championships, real estate growth, tourism picking up after the pandemic and is one of the best airports in the world.
Tampa Airport routinely ranks among the top airports in the country in satisfaction surveys, including top-five rankings in J.D. Power, the Wall Street Journal, Conde Nast Traveler and the Airport Service Quality rankings from Airports Council International – North America.
From Tampa Bay, Breeze will inaugurate service on 10 routes, most of which are currently not served:
- Charleston, SC (starting May 27);
- Louisville, KY (May 28);
- Tulsa, OK (June 4);
- Norfolk, VA (June 10);
- Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR (June 17);
- Akron/Canton, OH (June 26);
- Oklahoma City, OK (July 1);
- Columbus, OH (July 3);
- Huntsville, AL (July 22); and
- Richmond, VA (July 22).
"Tampa International Airport is proud and excited to be a part of this historic launch with Breeze Airways," TPA CEO Joe Lopano said. "Home to one of America's favorite airports known for excellent service and strong business partnerships, the Tampa Bay community is committed to supporting this innovative new airline."
95% of the new Breeze Airways routes do not have nonstop flights available. Breeze Airways debut network, is comprised of 39 nonstop routes between underserved ariports in the Southwest, Midwest, Southeast and Eastern US.
Starting May 27, flights will operate between Charleston, SC, Tampa, FL and Hartford, CT. Each week Breeze will add more destinations through July 22, 2021.
"These 16 cities are just the beginning for Breeze," said Mr. Neeleman. "The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the nation's air service has meant many secondary markets and smaller cities have seen a significant reduction in flights. There are so many city pairs needing nonstop service around the country, we have a further 100 cities under consideration. Flying nonstop, Breeze will get you there in half the time, but also for about half the price!"
Breeze Airways founder David Neeleman, who also founded four other airlines including JetBlue started the airline to target underserved markets and to be "Seriously Nice." A new airline merging technology with kindness.
- Breeze's introductory fares start at just $39
- No change or cancellation fees
- Change or cancel a flight up to 15 minutes before scheduled departure without penalty
- "BreezePoints" earned on all purchases for future flights or products, such as bags and seat assignments
- Guests may choose from fares that include 'Nice' seats, or 'Nicer' seats with extra legroom.
- Free inflight entertainment which includes include TV, games, and a real-time map, streaming to personal electronic devices. WiFi connectivity will also be available on the Airbus A220 fleet
- Seamless Booking & Checking with the Breeze Airways App
- Snacks on board will include selections from Utz and KIND® bars.
“Congratulations to David Neeleman and the Breeze Airways Team for earning their wings,” said Dylan Lissette, Chief Executive Officer of Utz Brands, Inc. “And, we are excited to become part of the team by serving our family-favorite, Utz Original Potato Chips on Breeze Airways flights. That’s a match made in the skies!”
According to Breeze, their mission is to make the world of travel simple, affordable and convenient, using technology, ingenuity and kindness to improve the travel experience.
As Florida is a large state, I hope that smaller aiports such as Pensacola International Airport, Tallahassee International airport and Southwest Florida International Airport will see airlines like Breeze Airways offer less pricey, non-stop flights interstate and intrastate alike.