Road to Game Day Restaurant Week Dec. 4-13 is underway!
The NFL Business Connect program in partnership with the Tampa Bay Super Bowl LV Host Committee invites foodies to explore diverse-owned restaurants across Tampa Bay.
Road to Gameday Restaurant Week is celebrating Super Bowl LV, scheduled to be played Feb. 7, 2021 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL.
Each of the participating restaurants offers a Pre-Fixe Menu for Road To Game Day. $1 per meal from Restaurant Week will be donated to Feeding Tampa Bay in the fight against hunger.
Participating Restaurants Lineup & Pre-Fixe Menus
- 7th and Grove - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Grand Hacienda, Mexican Cuisine - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Spain Restaurant Toma Bar - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Healthy & Fresco - PRE-FIXE MENU
- The Black Chef Eatery - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Cask Social Kitchen - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Heavy's Food Truck - PRE-FIXE MENU
- The C House - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Catrinas Tacos and Tequila - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Island Flavors And Tings - PRE-FIXE MENU
- The Chief's Cantina - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Chief's Creole Cafe - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Kay's Kitchen - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Eggs Up Grill - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Cru Cellars - Palma Ceia - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Kraftologee - PRE-FIXE MENU
- The Honu Restaurant and Tiki Bar - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Datz - Riverview - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Kuba Cocina - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Thee Burger Spot - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Datz - St. Pete - PRE-FIXE MENU
- M&R Cafe Southern Cuisine - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Tubby's Q and Smokehouse - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Datz - Tampa - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Michelle Faedo's Tampeno Cuisine - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Donovans Meatery - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Mr. Empanada - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Mise en Place - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Dr. BBQ's - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Pipo's Cuban Cafe - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Mr. B's Southern Cuisine - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Flames Indian Cuisine - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Raw Smoothie Co. - PRE-FIXE MENU
- Beef O Brady's Palma Ceia - PRE-FIXE MENU
Business Connect is the NFL’s special event supplier diversity and inclusion program designed to create bidding opportunities for Super Bowl events, led by LaKendria Johnson, Director of Business Connect and Community Outreach.
From the Tampa Bay LV Business Connect Website:
Super Bowl LV Business Connect program is a partnership between the National Football League and the Super Bowl LV Tampa Host Committee. Business Connect has two primary goals: (1) to link diverse Tampa suppliers to contracting opportunities related to Super Bowl LV and (2) provide professional networking and development programming for all member businesses. For the purpose of full disclosure - Suppliers participating in the Business Connect program are not guaranteed to be awarded work with Super Bowl LV, the Host Committee for the NFL. Suppliers are guaranteed full access to the program’s development opportunities.
“I believe the Business Connect Program and the Super Bowl will help our companies excel,” says LaKendria, who was recently named one of Business Observer’s 40 under 40 Class of 2020, “to do business on a major stage, and to really be able to leverage that into opportunities here locally.”
LaKendria is responsible for identifying and connecting Tampa Bay’s diverse-owned businesses to bidding opportunities for Super Bowl LV.
To qualify to bid for Road to Gameday Restaurant Week, the restaurants had to be 51% minority, veteran, or LGBTQ+ owned and located in Hillsborough, Pinellas or Pasco County. These restaurants also needed to have high ratings by the public at reputable restaurant review sites.
Road to Gameday Restaurant Week Social Foodies
Several Tampa food bloggers and influencers were selected as “Social Foodies” for Road to Gameday Restaurant Week. Follow this team of foodies who will be posting their mouth-watering dishes from Restaurant Week’s participating eateries, starting today.
Kiva Williams @TheFunFoodieMama
“Tampa Bay has so much to offer!, says Kiva Williams, mommy blogger & food influencer, “It’s the perfect setting for this year's Super Bowl. Despite a national pandemic, the Sunshine State is still a place people want to come see and explore. As a Social Foodie for Tampa’s welcoming committee, I’m excited to share our food scene with the world.”
Kiera is a food influencer and blogger based in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
Gary is a Florida food influencer and a University of South Florida Alumnus who made Tampa his home after graduation.
Jenn Thai @ThisJennGirl
“We are so lucky to have such a rich food culture here in the Tampa Bay area,” exclaims Jenn, a blogger and food, fashion, travel, and beauty influencer, “and I’m excited to be a part of this initiative that shines a light on these amazing restaurants. I hope that people discover a new favorite dish and spot to order food from the Road to Gameday Restaurant Week!”
Dr. Jennifer Spencer & Harmony Kelly-Spencer @FoodLife_TampaBay
Briel & Brittney @GetInMyBellyTampa
“We are so excited to be a part of Road to Game Day Eats, says Sisters, Briel and Brittney, food bloggers and influencers. “Tampa is such a melting pot of a community and the restaurants here are no different, and we love that we get to explore and visit diverse restaurants that help make Tampa the awesome city that it is.”
These sisters love eating their way around Tampa Bay. You’ll find that they love to eat, travel, and review food from fine dining to the dollar menu.
Christian is a food influencer who made Tampa his home after graduating from USF. Originally from Texas, he has a background in food safety and is well known for his love of food. He currently works in photography, marketing, and PR for various businesses.
“I’m so excited that the SuperBowl chose Tampa as it’s spot this year, and that they’re doing such an amazing job to not only highlight the amazing food and diversity that is in Tampa but to focus in on and promote Tampa Bay restaurants that are minority and women-owned!”
Melani Rivera @alohamelani
“I am honored to be representing Tampa Bay’s food scene. It’s been a tough year for our bay area restaurants and businesses, so Super Bowl LV being held in Tampa is a godsend for our economy, said Melani. “The Road To Gameday Restaurant Week amplifies our local eateries and I’m excited to shine a spotlight on Tampa’s diverse food talent.