According to National Weather Services (NWS), severe weather has been forecasted in the major area of Illinois Chicago.
On New Years Day, the strong storms will reach the area snowfall will increase from the southwest till late Saturday evening.
According to the Weather Services, "Stay alert on the roads and be sure to increase the distance between yourself and other vehicles."
If you are traveling, be prepared for the highly gusty condition. Ensure to secure any items that might blow away in the wind before you leave. https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-weather-forecast-radar-snow/11396709/
Trees and power lines are likely to be blown down by strong winds. And also, there is a possibility of widespread power outages. Travel will be difficult to impossible, especially for high-profile vehicles.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), It is best to avoid traveling, but if travel is necessary, always carry this emergency kit:
- Extra batteries, cell phone, and portable charger
- Carry a flashlight with extra batteries
- A first-aid kit containing any necessary medications as well as a pocket knife
- Items to stay warm such as extra hats, coats, mittens, and blankets
- Windshield scraper
- Tow chains or rope
- Battery-powered radio with extra batteries
- Water and snack food
- Emergency flares, bright-colored flag, or emergency distress flag
- Tire chains
- Road maps
- Canned compressed air with sealant for emergency tire repair
- Booster cables with a fully charged battery or jumper cables
- Hazard or other reflectors
- Waterproof matches
- List of emergency contacts
What are you think about it? Give your opinion in the comment section, and if you think more people should read this article, share it on social media and with your friends and family.
Disclaimer: This article is only for educational and informational purposes.