ST. PAUL, MN — Six people were arrested during a human trafficking operation in Beltrami County.
Suspects responded to an ad on a sex advertisement website during the operation. The offenders were apprehended when they arrived at a pre-arranged meeting site for a commercial sex crime. All were booked into the Beltrami County Jail on suspicion of soliciting adult prostitutes. Charges are expected to be filed in the following days after the arrest.
Authorities arrested these six individuals in relation to the crime:
- Michael Lee Eichstadt, 56, of Bemidji, Minnesota.
- Kyle Ironnecklace, 24, of Bemidji, Minnesota.
- Lance Armon Jones, 39, of Oakville, Washington.
- Dennis Michael Murphy, 43, of Park Rapids, Minnesota. Mr. Murphy is also charged with felony possession of a controlled drug.
- Matthew F. Senica, 49, of Illinois.
- Philip Edward Toomey, Jr., 48, of Maywood, Missouri.
The operation was led by investigators from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension’s (BCA) Human Trafficking Investigators Task Force, in collaboration with the Tribes United Against Sex Trafficking (TRUST) Task Force, the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office, and the Bemidji Police Department. The operation took place on June 25 and 26.
“This operation was part of our ongoing, collective commitment to rid our communities of sexual exploitation,” BCA Superintendent Drew Evans said. “It is never okay to purchase another person for sex.”
Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger of being trafficked. To report a suspected trafficking incident, contact 877-996-6222 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit information via the tip form, which can be done anonymously.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.