ST. PAUL, MN — The City of Saint Paul is now opening a vacancy as a Public Work Technician II.
The required work hours are from 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. This position will report daily to the 899 Dale Street Office.
- Performs responsible engineering technician work inspecting, investigating, drafting, administering, and designing public works projects.
- Collects, organizes and analyzes data.
- Conducts surveys and writes reports.
- Operates and maintains land survey instruments.
- Maintains GIS database and maps.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications and database programs such as Excel, Filemaker, and AutoCAD experience is preferred.
- Twenty-semester credits in courses acceptable toward an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering as offered by the University of Minnesota or equivalent.
- Two years of experience as a PW Technician I or equivalent.
- Additional years of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to ten education credits. One year of experience equals 3 1/3 education credits.
If you are a veteran and would like to receive Veteran’s preference in accordance with MN Statute 197.455, you must submit a photocopy of your DD214, preferably at the time of application.
Interested candidates should apply no later than 4:30 p.m. CT, July 6, 2021.
By the closing date, you must:
- Submit a City of Saint Paul online application, including answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire.
- Upload the following required documents via the online application system. (Zip files and web links will not be accepted. Each uploaded attachment is limited to 10 MB.), including:
a. A legible copy of your proof of education (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).
b. A resume - please ensure your vacancy related experience is documented.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/stpaul/jobs/3116671/public-works-technician-ii.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.