MINNEAPOLIS, ST. PAUL, MN — Minnesota Housing is currently working on easing the difficulties the community faces, especially in affording and maintaining housing, through the RentHelpMN program.
RentHelpMN aims to help those who have fallen behind their rent and provide assistance and support needed for the eligible renters to maintain their place. With help from collaborating partners and organizations, RentHelpMN is able to collect resources and provide support in maintaining housing and rents for qualified renters and tenants in the community.
Any interested applicants should meet the following conditions:
- A renter household in Minnesota
- The household income meets the program's limits
- Someone in the household is qualified for unemployment and had a decrease in income or increase in expenses due to COVID-19
- Someone in the household is at risk for housing instability or homelessness
To apply for assistance, please fill out the following application form.
Before filling the form, make sure you have fulfilled the checklist, whether you're applying as renters or landlords.
After that, send the application form with copies of the required documents to:
Loffler Document Services
1055 American Blvd E, Suite A
Bloomington, MN 55420
Fax number: 952-285-2318
One of these documents is also required:
1. Identification document for the Head of Household
2. Rental agreement
3. Income Eligibility Documents for All Adults
4. Assistance Request Documents
To find out more about the program, visit this link. Resources are available in multiple languages, including Somali, Spanish and Hmong.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.