ST. LOUIS PARK, MN — The Westwood Hills Nature Center is looking for a part-time naturalist programmer.
The salary will be $17.50 per hour, and the role will work up to 20 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
The primary objective of this work is to give nature and recreation programming at the nature center and in the community.
The position is also responsible for increasing the public's awareness, appreciation, and understanding of the natural world, giving outreach to build and distribute programming to underprivileged populations, and working with Westwood Hills Nature Center guests to meet their educational and customer service needs.
Here are the minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, education, outdoor education, or a relevant field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Has teaching experience as a naturalist at a nature center or similar department.
- Being physically able to deliver all required duties of the position is a must.
- Able to work with children of all ages.
- Able to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds and cultures to deliver the city's strategic goals for racial equity.
- Ability to operate efficiently in a group situation with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work a range of shifts, including evenings and weekends if necessary.
It will be an advantage if the candidate has these qualifications:
- Has vast knowledge in environmental education, natural environment, and natural history.
- Working experience with live captive program animals such as reptiles, amphibians, and raptors is preferred.
- Previous experience leading nature activities for young children.
- Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Windows, Word, Publisher, Excel, and Outlook.
The application will close on Sunday, June 27, at 11:59 PM Central Time.
Interested candidate can apply here: https://www.stlouispark.org/our-city/employment/-fbclid-IwAR1-PdKEb8xMFN5z0QrEIZWNkjEFgng9xf7iJJ_WxOZbwSmKDNF7JHbjNtY
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.