Bleacher Report Debuts ‘The Residency’ at Art Basel – Unveiling an Exclusive Apparel and Original Art Collection with the NBA —Thurs, Dec 7 – Sat, Dec 9
The LAB Miami | 400 NW 26th Street, Miami, FL 33127
- This Miami Art Week, Bleacher Report will debut ‘The Residency,’ a year-long creative collective at the nexus of sports, art, fashion, and culture, unveiling in partnership with the NBA. This captivating gallery experience, open to the public from Friday, December 8th – Saturday, December 9th, celebrates an eclectic mix of artists paying homage to five NBA teams. The inaugural event will highlight the following artists and corresponding teams: Esther Wallace (Boston Celtics), Bryan “Blue the Great” Blue (Dallas Mavericks), D’ana “COVL” Nuñez (Miami Heat), Mark “MADSTEEZ” Paul Deren (Phoenix Suns), and Demitrius Omphroy (Toronto Raptors). The event kicks off on Thursday, Dec 7, with a Private VIP Launch Party and In-Season Tournament Viewing (7pm-11pm), followed by the gallery’s public opening on Friday and Saturday (12pm-7pm).
Ross+Kramer Miami Gallery Opening with Exhibition by Daniel Arsham —Tues, Dec 5 (Gallery Opening) // Thurs, Dec 7 (Invite-Only Event)
Ross+Kramer Gallery | 1910 Alton Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Ross+Kramer Gallery is set to make a groundbreaking entrance into Miami Beach’s art scene during this year’s Miami Art Week, expanding its footprint to Sunset Harbour as its third location alongside Manhattan and East Hampton. On Tuesday, Dec 5, the gallery will unveil its new Miami space, welcoming the public to explore a mesmerizing exhibition showcasing paintings and sculptures by visionary contemporary artist Daniel Arsham. This exhibit marks Arsham’s first solo showcase in Miami in over a decade. Positioned as the first Art Gallery of its kind in the area, Ross+Kramer will introduce a unique fusion of contemporary and mid-century blue-chip works, spotlighting an extraordinary lineup of emerging and internationally established artists. Operating hours for the gallery will be Tuesday–Saturday, 10am–6pm.
Coinciding with Miami Art Week, a special invite-only grand opening event will take place on Thursday, Dec 7, from 8pm-11pm, where Daniel Arsham himself will be present. www.rkgallery.com
Maddox Gallery —Tues, Dec 5 – Sun, Dec 10
One Herald Plaza | NE 14th Street & Biscayne Bay, Miami, FL 33132
- Maddox Gallery, one of the UK’s most successful contemporary art galleries, proudly announces its return to Art Miami for the sixth consecutive year. Boasting an impressive lineup of emerging and established talent, the Maddox Booth will feature artists like David Yarrow, The Connor Brothers, Russell Young, Ross Muir, Brent Estabrook, Cooper —as well as Tim Blandinn and Niall Campbell Strachan who will make their debut this year. Spanning various styles and mediums, the comprehensive roster of primary and secondary artists involved contributes to Maddox Gallery’s reputation as a dynamic player in the contemporary and modern art scene. Established in 2015, Maddox Gallery has grown into an international powerhouse, supporting the careers of emerging talents and exhibiting works by world-renowned figures like Andy Warhol, Banksy, and Keith Haring. The London-based gallery, with locations in Mayfair, Notting Hill, and Gstaad, recently expanded with its largest gallery yet in Mayfair, spanning over 5,000 sq ft across three floors.
LIVE ART DINNER PARTIES + ACTIVATIONS
Atwater Cocktail Club Takes Over Sweet Liberty Drinks and Supply Co. —Wed, Dec 6
Sweet Liberty | 237 20th St Suite B, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- This Miami Art Week, witness an unprecedented fusion of two iconic bars recently recognized among North America’s 50 Best Bars of 2023. Sweet Liberty, Miami’s cherished hotspot that proudly secured the #34 spot on this year’s list, will be teaming up with Montreal’s Atwater Cocktail Club, which ranked #32 on the same esteemed list, for an exclusive one-night pop-up at Sweet Liberty on Wednesday, December 6th. This exclusive takeover promises an evening filled with meticulously crafted cocktails that will transport patrons’ taste buds from the vibrant cocktail scene of Montreal to the sun-kissed beaches of Miami. The event, co-hosted by Kate Boushel, Director of Beverage and Education at Atwater Cocktail Club, and Naren Young, Beverage Director of Sweet Liberty, will feature a specially curated selection of cocktails blending the unique styles of both establishments. Guests can also expect live art exhibitions by Roberto Porres, co-founder of Atwater Cocktail Club and a talented artist, who will create a series of one-of-a-kind artworks available for purchase during the event.
Queen Miami Beach Unveils a Realm of Artistic Mastery and Gastronomic Decadence —Fri, Dec 8- Sat, Dec 9
Queen Miami Beach | 550 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- This Miami Art Week, guests are invited to indulge in an era of decadence and glamour at the historic Paris Theater, now known as dining marvel Queen Miami Beach. Making her groundbreaking debut this Art Week, Queen will host two spectacular art exhibitions, starting Friday, Dec 8, where the venue will be partnering with Dot Fiftyone Gallery to showcase exquisite artwork and sculptures created by various emerging and established artists.
On Saturday, Dec 9, guests are invited to step into a realm where art and gastronomy come together in a truly personal experience as Queen unveils “Ab Ovo” by visionary Italian artist Camila Ancilotto. Represented by Naif Gallery, Camilla Ancilotto is a classically trained painter and sculptor from Rome, who utilizes oil painting techniques from the historic masters of the Italian Renaissance. Promising an intimate and enchanting evening for guests, during this exceptional collaboration Camila will engage in a live sculpture painting, seamlessly blending the magic of her craft with the timeless elegance of the Paris Theater.
20% of proceeds from all art sales will support Lotus House Miami, directly benefiting the organization’s impactful community efforts. As the country’s largest shelter of its kind, Lotus House offers shelter, resources, and comprehensive services, sheltering over 1,550 women, youth, and children annually. Two seatings will be available – one from 6pm-9pm & 9pm-close. To book reservation call (786) 373-2930 or visit queenmiamibeach.com
Giselle Miami Presents Dinner, Drinks, and Live Art by Bisco Smith —Thurs, Dec 7
Giselle Miami | 15 NE 11 ST, Miami, FL
- Giselle offers an elevated dining experience in downtown Miami, perched atop E11EVEN Miami ultraclub. For her Miami Art Week debut, Giselle will play host to a variety of events over the weekend, beginning Thurs, Dec 7, with a live art performance from famed graffiti artist Bisco Smith, whose work is showcased in an interior mural as part of the venue’s design. Throughout the evening, a silent auction will take place where proceeds will benefit Project Art Box, a nonprofit organization dedicated to bridging the art education gap in underprivileged schools. Live beats by DJ Louis Dee will set the scene for a lively dinner party atmosphere filled with electronic sounds and an exquisite menu that merges Asian, Mediterranean, and French-inspired cuisine. To book reservations visit gisellemiami.com.
Marion Miami Unveils a Supperclub Fusion of Artistry and Cuisine —Thurs, Dec 7- Sat, Dec 9
Marion Miami | 1111 SW First Ave, Miami, FL, 33130 (directly next door to El Tucán)
- For those seeking a unique dining escapade amidst Miami Art Week this year, Mr. Hospitality’s Marion invites guests to partake in its transformation into an immersive art and entertainment enclave from Thursday, Dec 7 to Saturday, Dec 9. Renowned fine art and lifestyle artist, Franck Brill, will team up with artist Manuel Angarita, across all three nights, crafting imaginative works of art in real-time as guests indulge in Marion’s indulgent Asian-inspired cuisine. Additionally, on Friday, Dec 8, renowned visual artist Mark Rios aka “Mr. Drippings” will debut a special live art exhibit by painting a surprise celebrity guest (art performance to commence at 1am). During the live art spectacles, guests can anticipate an escalation of excitement and energy as the lights dim, the music turns up, and the ambiance transforms into a lively party scene. To book reservations call (786) 717-7512 or visit marionmiami.com.
El Tucán Reveals a Showcase of Alluring Art and Culinary Enchantment —Thurs, Dec 7- Sat, Dec 9
El Tucán | 1111 SW 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33130 (directly next door to Marion)
- Located in the heart of Brickell, Mr. Hospitality’s beloved supper club El Tucán is inviting guests into their tropical oasis for an alluring art week transformation. From Thursday, Dec 7 to Saturday, Dec 9, fine art and lifestyle artists Franck Brill and Manuel Angarita will be collaborating across all three nights to create riveting works of LIVE art for guests to enjoy. While guests immerse themselves in El Tucán’s one-of-a-kind electric jungle, on Dec 8 Mark Rios aka “Mr. Drippings” will join the party for an exclusive art exhibition with a surprise celebrity guest (art performance to commence at 12am). Dazzling with the high-end glamour and retro sophistication of a classic cabaret, guests can look forward to a truly unique dining experience this art week. To book reservations call (305) 535-0065 or visit eltucanmiami.com
E11EVEN Miami Presents “The Art of Nightlife” —Wednesday, Dec 6 – Sunday, Dec 10
E11EVEN Miami | 29 NE 11th St, Miami, FL 33132
- Renowned for hosting unforgettable up-close-and-personal performances by top names in the music and entertainment industry, E11EVEN Miami continues this legacy during Miami Art Week, promising nothing short of outstanding entertainment experiences. In honor of Miami Art Week this year, E11EVEN Miami will present “The Art of Nightlife,” highlighting the occasion with a thrilling lineup of performances and the debut of an exclusive apparel collaboration with renowned designer John Geiger. **Tickets and table reservations are available at 11miami.com.
E11EVEN Miami’s ‘The Art of Nightlife’ Lineup:
Wednesday, Dec 6 – Cedric Gervais
Thursday, Dec 7 – Diplo
Friday, Dec 8 – Snoop Dogg
Saturday, Dec 9 – TBD
Sunday, Dec 10 – DeadMau5
Ocean Drive’s “Art of the Party” with Alessandra Ambrosio —Thurs, Dec 7
Fontainebleau Miami Beach | 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140
- Ocean Drive will be taking over the grandiose La Côte lawn at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach to host their annual ‘Art of the Party,’ on Thursday, December 7, from 8:00PM-11:00PM. Bringing an exciting mix of celebrities, artists, curators, and philanthropists all under one roof, the party celebrates the release of this year’s December Art Issue cover, featuring cover star Alessandra Ambrosio. In collaboration with Aston Martin, the evening will feature a live art presentation from visual artist Romero Britto, and sounds by Grammy award nominee Chromeo, plus an extra special guest performer.